No, that’s not a typo. Welcome to the Weekly Warp-Up, your weekly wrap-up of the biggest and the best articles posted at Warp Zoned this week…
Sony’s Next Generation Portable
The public finally got their first glimpse at the PSP2… even if Sony doesn’t want to call it that. And the hardware manufacturer wasn’t shy about showing off the system’s stellar lineup including Uncharted, Killzone, Resistance, LittleBigPlanet, Call of Duty and a lot more. The gameplay videos are just astounding (and really makes my wallet wince when I think about how much the NGP will cost). All told, more than 80 publishers and developers have pledged to support the NGP. You can watch the entire NGP reveal at the PlayStation Meeting 2011 here.
Get Warp Zoned!
Zipper Interactive’s ambitious MAG ignited a lot of interest when it was released a year ago. Giving gamers a 256-player war, it represented a new frontier for console owners in the online multiplayer battle fields. One Year Later, we examine Zipper’s commitment to making MAG a game we’d all want to play through updates, patches and bugfixes. Zipper’s next game, SOCOM 4, was also given an April 19th release date by Sony this week.
Hit the jump for the rest of the Weekly Warp-Up.
The Week in Reviews…
The Week in New Games…
- This Week’s Releases: Dead Space 2, Two Worlds II, Lord of Arcana, a lot more
- This Week’s Nintendo Download: JamCity Rollergirls and more
- This Week’s PlayStation Network Update: Dead Space Extraction and more
- This Week’s XBLA Additions: Breach
- Next Week’s Releases: Rock Band Country Track 2, not a whole lot else
The Week in Announcements…
- L.A. Noire gets a new trailer and a May 17 release date.
- The 3DS eShop won’t open until May, but it’ll include “3D Classics.”
- Square Enix 1st Production Department Premier trailers: Kingdom Hearts 3D, Final Fantasy Type-0, Final Fantasy Versus XIII
- Nintendo is bringing Kirby back to the Wii and DS this year.
- Jack is back in Platinum Games’ next title: Anarchy Reigns.
- EA released Dead Space: Aftermath on DVD this week and already has Dead Space 2 DLC in the works.
- Bethesda wants everyone to know their 2011 lineup will rock.
- The latest trailer for the Call of Duty: Black Ops “First Strike” DLC pack includes zombies.
- Sony is bringing a Killzone 3 demo the PSN on February 8th (or the 15th for non-Plus players).
- The Oregon Trail and Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego? will be playable on Facebook next month.
- Warner Bros. has officially announced that a series of webisodes based on Mortal Kombat: Rebirth is in the works. They’ve also fasttracked a movie based on Heavy Rain.
- Silent Hill: Downpour will wash over the PS3 and Xbox 360 this Fall.
- Ghostbusters: Sanctum of Slime will haunt the PSN and XBLA on March 23.
- Whatcha gonna do? Hulk Hogan and The Ultimate Warrior have been confirmed for WWE All-Stars
- Capcom speeds MotoGP 10/11 to the PS3 and Xbox 360 on March 15.
- Namco Bandai has penciled Knights Contract in for a February 22nd release.
Representative Joe Baca of California wants a warning label on video games: “WARNING: Excessive exposure to violent video games and other violent media has been linked to aggressive behavior.”
Good luck with that Joey, especially since most studies that link video games and aggressive behavior have been discredited.