No, that’s not a typo. Welcome to the Weekly Warp-Up, your weekly wrap-up of the biggest and the best articles posted at Warp Zoned this week…
Get Warp Zoned!
In a world where the PlayStation 3 has been jailbroken… we examine the fallout now that Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 has been hacked to shreds.
And on the eve of LittleBigPlanet 2‘s release, we talk to Media Molecule’s James Spafford about the game. The interview gets to the stuffing of Sackboy’s new adventure with information on all the new tools available in LBP2, a little bit about the game’s single-player campaign and what it’s like working for Media Molecule.
- Lost In Shadow: Not As Solid As I’d Hoped
- Fable III: This Revolution Will Be Televised
- Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Vietnam: I Love the Smell of DLC in the Morning
- Doritos Crash Course: John Henson Would Be Proud
It’s a Secret to Everybody
- Bungie is still quietly working on their New Universe game for Activision and were caught registering some domains this week.
- And Square Enix registered a domain for Final Fantasy XIII-2.
- SOCOM 4: US Navy SEALs will probably be released in April, but there’s been no official word from Sony yet.
Get New Games!
- This Week’s Releases: DC Universe Online, Ghost Trick, Kingdom Hearts Re:Coded, a lot more
- Next Week’s Releases: LittleBigPlanet 2, Mass Effect 2, Mindjack, a lot more
- And Get Them Cheap!: Buy 2 Games, Get 1 Free at Best Buy
- Shigeru Miyamoto has confirmed what we’ve all long suspected: not every 3DS game will be in 3D.
- EA is bringing a ton of games to this year’s Game Developers Conference including Battlefield 3, Alice 2, Crysis 2 and more.
- Speaking of GDC, the nominees for the Game Developers Choice Awards are in.
- EA is releasing Shift 2: Unleashed on March 29 and Sony is releasing MotorStorm Apocalypse on April 12.
- Konami has washed away Silent Hill 8’s ridiculously misnumbered working title (because there was no SH6 or SH7) and officially titled it Silent Hill: Downpour.
- In other scary game news, FEAR 3‘s release has been delayed until May.
- And in game news that’s scary, Nintendo has no plans to localize The Last Story. Senior Editor Nicole Kline took this particularly hard.
- Did you love Flow and Flower? Jenova Chen talks about Journey, thatgamecompany’s next project.
- Beenox is developing a new Spider-Man game that’ll be released this Fall.
- PlayStation Move Heroes is set for a March 22 release.
- Not Really News But We Posted it Anyway… World of Warcraft: Cataclysm sold a bajillion copies.
- Robin Sparkles helps Nintendo sing “Let’s Go to the Mall” as the publishers has a Pokemon Mall Tour planned.
- Wesley Snipes is spending his time in prison developing an iPhone game, Julius Styles: The International.
The developers at NetherRealm Studios and series creator Ed Boon have been very busy with Mortal Kombat news this week. First, there was the announcement that Goro and Jade have been added to the character roster; then, Boon asked who you’d like to see as DLC characters; that was followed by the news of a new Mortal Kombat soundtrack; and finally, the amazing Mortal Kombat: Rebirth has been reborn as a series of webisodes.
Merv Griffin Entertainment is turning Pac-Man into a “Wipeout-type event” and “the world’s biggest game of tag.” Sign me up!