Warp Zoned Is Hiring!
APPLY HERE NOW
Bruce Campbell joins CoD Advanced Warfare as world's grooviest pilot in Exo Zombies Ep2
The cartridge-based console is coming back with Shovel Knight and Retro City Rampage
Activision confirms Skylanders 5, Call of Duty 2015, "unannounced initiatives" during quarterly presentation
Shigeru Miyamoto confirms that Pikmin 4 is in development
See space battles, Lightsaber combat, pod racing in new Disney Infinity: Star Wars videos
Get a VIP tour of Lego Jurassic World in this new trailer
New Batman: Arkham Knight gameplay trailer goes to war
Nintendo Download: Splatoon, Don’t Starve, Mega Man Zero 3, more
Daily Scoop: May 28, 2015 – Tons of new deals
Geometry Wars 3: Dimensions is now available on iOS devices
AIAS names Mass Effect 2 their Game of the Year
BioWare’s Mass Effect 2 walked away with Game of the Year honors at the Interactive Achievement Awards last night.
The game, which was just recently released on the PS3 after its PC and Xbox 360 debut last year, was given the award by the Academy of Interactive Arts & Sciences. This is the Academy’s 14th year handing out the IAAs and Mass Effect 2 beat out Call of Duty: Black Ops, God of War III, Red Dead Redemption and Angry Birds to win the prize.
But among the honorees, only Black Ops went home empty-handed. Angry Birds was named Casual Game of the Year, God of War III won Outstanding Achievement in Animation and Red Dead Redemption galloped away with five awards.
You can watch the entire ceremony at G4tv.com/DICE2011 or you can see the full list of winners after the break.
- Game of the Year: Mass Effect 2
- Outstanding Achievement in Game Direction: Red Dead Redemption
- Casual Game of the Year: Angry Birds
- Portable Game of the Year: God of War: Ghost of Sparta
- Fighting Game of the Year: Super Street Fighter IV
- Role-Playing/Massively Multiplayer Game of the Year: Mass Effect 2
- Sports Game of the Year: FIFA Soccer 11
- Racing Game of the Year: Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit
- Adventure Game of the Year: Limbo
- Social Networking Game of the Year: CityVille
- Strategy/Simulation Game of the Year: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty
- Action Game of the Year: Red Dead Redemption
- Family Game of the Year: Dance Central
- Outstanding Innovation in Gaming: Heavy Rain
- Outstanding Achievement in Animation: God of War III
- Outstanding Achievement in Visual Engineering: Heavy Rain
- Outstanding Achievement in Art Direction: Red Dead Redemption
- Outstanding Achievement in Story: Mass Effect 2
- Outstanding Character Performance: Red Dead Redemption – John Marston (Rob Wiethoff)
- Outstanding Achievement in Soundtrack: Rock Band 3
- Outstanding Achievement in Sound Design: Limbo
- Outstanding Achievement in Online Game Play: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty
- Outstanding Achievement in Original Music Composition: Heavy Rain
- Outstanding Achievement in Game Play Engineering: Red Dead Redemption
It's Dangerous To Go Alone! Read This.
More From Warp Zoned
Red Dead Redemption, Enslaved, God of War III lead 2011 AIAS nominees
Assassin’s Creed: Brotherhood leads BAFTA noms with seven
The 2010-2011 Video Game Awards Season