No, that’s not a typo. Welcome to the Weekly Warp-Up, your weekly wrap-up of the biggest and the best articles posted at Warp Zoned this week…
I think there’s some kind of football match going on today in Dallas. Madden NFL 11 says that the Steelers are going to win it all, so if you need some last minute gambling advice, you could do worse than making a deal with the devil that is Peter Moore (and his maniacal Satan-like grin).
Michael Pachter is a name that needs no introduction among gamers. The man considers himself the world’s premier video game analyst, but his track record at reading the industry is probably partially responsible for investor’s continued wariness when it comes to game publishers. Watch him embarrass himself yet again by stating that the “Wii 2 will fail” even though Nintendo hasn’t announced the Wii 2 yet or even released a “failed” home console. Pack it up Pachter, we could provide better commentary on the game industry than you can. That said…
Get Warp Zoned!
The third episode of the Warp Zoned Podcast is live for your listening pleasure. Mike Gutierrez, Nicole Kline, and Ryan Littlefield talk about the games they’re playing, the games they’ve been busy reviewing, and the games they worked on at last week’s Global Game Jam. They also talked about the 3DS vs. the NGP and why they are – or aren’t – going to be buying those systems on launch day.
We also dug through hundreds of YouTube channels to creat the definitive list of official publisher/developer channels that we call the Guide to Gaming Videos on YouTube.
Hit the jump for the rest of the Weekly Warp-Up.
The Week in Reviews…
- Dead Space 2: Eviscerates the Hype With a Frighteningly Good Game
The Week in New Games…
- This Week’s Releases: Rock Band Country Track 2, and not a whole lot else
- This Week’s Nintendo Download: All-Star Air Hockey, Mahjong, 101 Dolphin Pets, and more
- This Week’s PlayStation Network Update: Bionic Commando: Rearmed 2, Assassin’s Creed II and a lot more
- This Week’s XBLA Additions: Bionic Commando: Rearmed 2
- Next Week’s Releases: Mario Sports Mix, Test Drive Unlimited 2, You Don’t Know Jack, and more
The Week in Announcements…
- Shigeru Miyamoto reveals (again!) that he’s working on Super Mario Bros. 3DS.
- Square Enix has announced release dates for The 3rd Birthday, Final Fantasy IV: The Complete Collection and Dungeon Siege III.
- Namco Bandai is bringing Armored Core V and Dark Souls, a pseudo-sequel to Demon’s Souls, to America.
- Activision reveals that we’re all playing a lot of Call of Duty: Black Ops.
- WB Games wants us to check out these awesome new screens of Batman: Arkham City.
- Ubisoft is bringing PS3 gamers a Splinter Cell Trilogy and The Prince of Persia Trilogy in 3D.
- Nintendo announces Pandora’s Tower for Japan. Let’s see if they bring this one to America.
- But the good news is that the Ico novel, Castle of the Mist, is finally coming to America this year.
- Director Kevin Tancharoen talks about creating Mortal Kombat: Rebirth and his plans for the webisodes.
- Sega Online Rally Arcade is coming to the PSN/XBLA this year.
- Angry Birds will be flying on the 3DS this year.
- Assassin’s Creed: Brotherhood wins a Writers Guild Award.
It’s a Secret to Everybody…
- Microsoft is possibly planning to release a Halo HD remake in November. I think it would be more surprising if this turned out to be fake at this point.
- EA doesn’t want anyone to know, but they’re totally working on another first person shooter.
- TimeSplitters 4 might be Crytek’s next project.
- A Dark Tower game might be in the works alongside the movie.
Forget the Super Bowl, the important contest going on today is deciding, once and for all, which console had the tougher cartridges: the Genesis or the Super NES?