Microsoft and Epic Games have finally released the full beta schedule for Gears of War 3.
Buyers of Bulletstorm will gain access to a preview version of the beta on April 18. This sneak peek of the beta will feature Team Deathmatch mode on four new maps (Thrashball, Checkout, Trenches and Old Town). Trenches and Old Town actually earned their place thanks to winning Epic’s Facebook poll that asked gamers which maps they wanted to play in the beta.
On April 25th, the beta expands to include all gamers that pre-ordered GoW3 from GameStop. The pre-order invite comes with every version of the game: Standard ($59.99 USD), Limited ($79.99) or Epic ($149.99). The expanded beta will run through May 15 and include two additional game modes: Capture the Leader and King of the Hill.
During the beta, players will be able to unlock a host of bonus features as well as exclusive content available in the full version of the game that releases on September 20. Hit the jump for the full list of unlockables.
- Beta Tester Medal – Complete one match in the beta to unlock the Beta Tester medal, which will carry over to your gamer profile in the final game. The Beta Tester title will be featured in the “Gears 3” multiplayer lobby as well.
- Thrashball Cole – Complete 50 matches in any game type to unlock the Thrashball Cole character variant in the beta. Once unlocked, complete 10 matches as Thrashball Cole during the beta and the character will carry over to your gamer profile in the final game.
- Gold-Plated Retro Lancer – Show your ultimate “Gears of War” fandom by unlocking the Gold-Plated Retro Lancer. Complete 90 matches in any game type to unlock it for the beta, and score 100 kills with it once unlocked to carry the exclusive weapon skin over to your gamer profile in the final game.
- Flaming Hammerburst – Complete one match by Sunday, April 24 and unlock this weapon variant.
- Flaming Lancer – Complete one match during the week of April 25 and unlock this weapon variant.
- Flaming Sawed-Off Shotgun – Complete one match during the week of May 2 to unlock this weapon variant.
- Flaming Gnasher Shotgun – Complete one match during the week of May 9 to unlock this weapon variant.