No, that’s not a typo. Welcome to the Weekly Warp-Up, your weekly wrap-up of the biggest and the best articles posted at Warp Zoned this week…
Get Warp Zoned!
This week marked the end of Capcom’s Captivate 2011 news embargo. With the floodgates open, the famed publisher revealed Dead Rising 2: Off the Record, Dragon’s Dogma, the first Street Fighter X Tekken trailer, a new trailer for Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City and a whole lot more.
Also this week, Warner Bros. and director Kevin Tancharoen have finally debuted the first episode of Mortal Kombat: Legacy. They also unleashed a full-length trailer to whet our appetites for episode 2 and we Dissected the first episode in search of clues for where the series might go.
We also have Episode 8 of the Warp Zoned Podcast this week, which heralds the triumphant return of Mike Gutierrez, Nicole Kline, and Ryan Littlefield. They discuss what they’re playing and reviewing, and give a quick overview of their reactions. They also talk about GeoHot and the Anonymous hacks, with Mike giving an in-depth analysis of the facts from the point of view of an enraged PSN user. Find out about consumer rights and what we really think of hackers!
Hit the jump for the rest of the Weekly Warp-Up.
The Week in Reviews…
- Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together: Sing to Me of an Age of Classic RPGs
- Gods Eater Burst: Devouring All Your Free Time and Leaving You Hungry For More
The Week in New Games…
- This Week’s Releases: Michael Jackson: The Experience, Patapon 3 and more
- This Week’s Nintendo Download: Art of Ink, Slingo Quest and more
- This Week’s PlayStation Network Update: Dungeon Hunter, Might & Magic: Clash of Heroes and more
- This Week’s XBLA Wednesday: Yar’s Revenge and Might & Magic: Clash of Heroes
- Next Week’s Releases: Portal 2, Mortal Kombat, SOCOM 4: US Navy SEALs and more
Amazing Paperboy Delivers…
- Activision unveiled the next Call of Duty: Black Ops map pack, Escalation.
- Nintendo announced Wii Play: Motion and confirmed June 19th as the release date for The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D.
- The Big N announced that the Pokemon Global Link would launch on April 13.
- EA announced that Madden NFL 12‘s kickoff date is August 30.
- Sony and George Hotz agree to a settlement, ending their legal battle.
It’s a Secret to Everybody…
- Nintendo might unveil the Wii 2 at this year’s E3 and it might be awesome.
- Blizzard is working on another unannounced game. Let the speculation begin!
- The world may have gotten their first look at the logos for Sonic Generations and Mario & Sonic at the London 2012 Olympic Games.
- Warner Bros. registers new Batman domain names, and they might be for games.
L.A. Noire‘s ESRB rating summary is out and it may be the first time the ratings board has confirmed a game contains “pubic hair.”