While most of the world logs back onto the PlayStation Network, the gamers of Japan are still left in the dark. The problem no longer deals with hackers, but rather the government, which refuses to let Sony continue online game services until Sony provides more information on the measures it’s taking to prevent another attack.
Kazushige Nobutani, director of the Media and Content Industry department at the Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry, told Dow Jones Newswires, “We met with Sony on May 6 and 13, and basically we want two things from them.”
“The first is preventative measures. As of May 13, Sony was incomplete in exercising measures that they said they will do on the May 1 press conference.” The second answer they need is how Sony plans to win back consumer confidence. “There were similar cases in the past that were caused by other firms, and we are asking Sony whether their measures are good enough when compared to countermeasures taken in the past.”
Sony began restoring the PSN on Saturday after last month’s hacking nightmare that compromised the personal information of 100 million users.