No, that’s not a typo. Welcome to the Weekly Warp-Up, your weekly wrap-up of the biggest and the best articles posted at Warp Zoned this week…
Get Warp Zoned!
I’ll make this week’s Weekly Warp-Up quick as the PSN is back online!
Yes, Sony’s online service has been restored and online play, chat and third-party services like Netflix are all up and running. The PlayStation Store remains down for the time being. It’s been a hard road to bring the PSN back online and a Sony Japan spokesman actually said the company was targeting May 31st for a complete restoration of the service. Thankfully, things were able to come back online piecemeal. The company even kept it’s promise of “a few more days” that it made on the 10th.
As if that wasn’t good enough news, we’ve also got a new episode of the Warp Zoned Podcast for you this week. Mike Gutierrez, Nicole Kline, and Ryan Littlefield are joined by a very special guest – contributing writer Brianne Galli! The foursome start off by discussing what they’re playing, and I’m sure no one is surprised at this point to find out that the answer is “Pokemon!” They also talk about Nintendo’s successful handheld, the DS, and how the different iterations have stood up to the test of time – from the clunky original all the way up to the shiny new 3DS. You’ll laugh, you’ll cry, you’ll want to buy Radiant Historia when you listen to this week’s Warp Zoned Podcast!
But due to the PSN outage, we may have gone a little mad as this week we analyzed Christina Perri’s “Jar of Hearts” and found that the pop singer was totally singing about Mortal Kombat!
Hit the jump for the rest of the Weekly Warp-Up.
The Week in Reviews…
- Pokemon Black/White: You Can Catch It, But It’s Certainly Not a Legendary
The Week in New Games…
- This Week’s Releases: Brink, Lego Pirates of the Caribbean, MX vs ATV Alive and more
- This Week’s Nintendo Download: MDK 2 and more
- This Week’s PlayStation Network Update: The PlayStation Store Has Not Yet Been Restored
- This Week’s XBLA Wednesday: Gatling Gears and Star Raiders
- Next Week’s Releases: L.A. Noire, The Witcher 2, Fable III on PC and more
Amazing Paperboy Delivers…
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 was leaked and then announced this week. First came the box art, then Kotaku took a massive information dump and then Infinity Ward officially confirmed it with a teaser trailer.
- Activision says Diablo III in 2011 and announces a new James Bond game.
- Mortal Kombat Arcade Kollection koming to PSN/XBLA.
- The long-in-development Starhawk was unveiled on GTTV.
- Hitman: Absolution is officially announced.
- Namco Bandai officially announces Soul Calibur V.
- Creative Assembly is working on a new Alien game.
- Lady Gaga invades FarmVille, gives users a chance to preview her new album.
- Guardian Heroes is coming to the XBLA.
It’s a Secret to Everybody…
- Remedy reveals they’re bringing an Alan Wake Mystery Project to some unnamed platforms this Fall. Spooky.
- Bungie Aerospace, Bungie’s new spinoff company, has trademarked something called Crimson.
The government has declared games to be art. Suck it, Ebert!