No, that’s not a typo. Welcome to the Weekly Warp-Up, your weekly wrap-up of the biggest and the best articles posted at Warp Zoned this week…
Nintendo did the unthinkable and announced they were slashing the 3DS’ retail price by 32% on August 12. On that date, the handheld will be sold for $169.99, a price that undercuts the upcoming PlayStation Vita by a pretty hefty percentage. Some saw it as a desperation move, but be sure to read Why the 3DS Price Drop Isn’t As Desperate As It Looks.
Get Warp Zoned!
While the Nintendo was getting choppy with the 3DS’ price, Ubisoft is getting ready to pull out a (beam) sword of their own as we went hands-on with the PS3-exclusive No More Heroes: Heroes’ Paradise.
Episode 16 of the Warp Zoned Podcast also dropped this week and the staff discussed Mega Man Legends 3, and the fan-supported “Get Me Off The Moon” campaign which aims to revive the game’s development. Furthermore, we touched on our most hated video game characters, including the characters we LOVE to hate.
Finally this week, the latest edition of Warpback looks at What We Played in July 2011.
Hit the jump for the rest of the Weekly Warp-Up.
The Week in Reviews…
- InFamous 2: InFamous Harder!
- Earth Defense Force: Insect Armageddon: The Only Good Bug is a Dead Bug
- Ms. Splosion Man: Shoes, Meat and The Macarena
- Alice: Madness Returns: Almost the Nightmare of Your Dreams
The Week in New Games…
- This Week’s Releases: Catherine, Pac-Man & Galaga Dimensions and more
- This Week’s PlayStation Network Update: Section 8: Prejudice, Deadliest Warrior: Legends and more.
- This Week’s XBLA Wednesday: From Dust
- This Week’s Nintendo Download: Let’s Golf 3D, Brawl Brothers and more
- Next Week’s Releases: Bleach: Soul Resurreccion and more
Amazing Paperboy Delivers…
- BioWare is giving gamers the power to choose the official version of “Female Shephard” for Mass Effect 3.
- The final episode of the Mortal Kombat: Legacy webseries is now available.
- The Annihilation Map Pack is now available for the PC/PS3 versions of Call of Duty: Black Ops.
- The HD remakes of Resident Evil 4 and Code Veronica X have been given September release dates by Capcom.
- A fan campaign has grown up around Mega Man Legends 3 to bring the game back from cancellation.
- THQ revealed that there won’t be any more Red Faction games in the near future.
It’s a Secret to Everybody…
- Majora’s Mask may be the next Zelda game to make the jump to the 3DS.
- Epic Games is thinking about resurrecting the Unreal series.
Nintendo has dropped a few more details about the 2012 Zelda Symphony Tour. You might say, it’ll be legendary.