No, that’s not a typo. Welcome to the Weekly Warp-Up, your weekly wrap-up of the biggest and the best articles posted at Warp Zoned this week…
Today was a good week to be a gamer as the Supreme Court struck down the California anti-game bill. It wasn’t so good a week for Jon Stewart as his favorite target retired and then he went on an old man rant about them evul viddygames.
Get Warp Zoned!
Besides an argument over the future of the “violent video game” debate, this week was also a general look into the future. We took a stab at predicting the future of the 3DS in Nintendo’s 3DS: Looking Into the Next Dimension and we spun into Sonic’s future with a hands-on preview of Sonic Generations.
With the end of June in sight, we also published the latest edition of Warpback, better known as “What We Played in June 2011.” Naturally, this was followed up by our report detailing The Games of July 2011.
Finally, on Episode 12 of the Warp Zoned Podcast, Senior Editor Nicole Kline and Podcast Producer Ryan Littlefield are joined by West Coast Editor Adam Woolcott. They talk about the latest news (what’s up with Nintendo’s refusal to localize games we are dying to play???) and then move into our big topic: game reboots.
Hit the jump for the rest of the Weekly Warp-Up.
The Week in Reviews…
- Dungeon Siege III: An Elegant RPG For a More Civilized Age
The Week in New Games…
- This Week’s Releases: Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D, Dynasty Warriors: Gundam 3, Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition and more
- This Week’s PlayStation Network Update: Uncharted 3 beta, Beyond Good & Evil HD and more.
- This Week’s XBLA Wednesday: Half-Minute Hero, Galaga Legions DX and Backbreaker Vengeance
- This Week’s Nintendo Download: Final Fantasy III, Kirby’s Dream Land and more
- Next Week’s Releases: Earth Defense Force: Insect Armageddon and more
Amazing Paperboy Delivers…
- BioShock Infinite wins bigs at the E3 Game Critics Awards.
- Speaking of award winners, Limbo will be coming to the PC and PS3 soon.
- Activision announces the first ever Call of Duty XP “fan experience.”
- Respawn Entertainment gives us a glimpse of their first game.
- Xenoblade inspired a fan campaign to bring the game to America, but Nintendo responded they have “no plans” to localize the RPG.
- Microsoft details the Limited Collector’s Edition of Forza Motorsport 4.
- Mortal Kombat developer NetherRealm announces a release date for the Kenshi DLC pack.
- The Duke has one last frontier to conquer, Duke Nukem Forever is coming to the Mac in August.
It’s a Secret to Everybody…
- Imagine the most evil Australian you can think of (insert Mel Gibson joke here) and, according to several ex-employees, that’s what it was like working on L.A. Noire at Team Bondi.
- Activision has registered URLs for something called GoldenEye 007 Reloaded.
- A rating for a PS3/Xbox 360 version of Crysis has popped up on the ESRB’s website.
Issue #2 of Warp Zoned: The eMagazine is now ready to download. Load it up on your eReader and take it to the beach this holiday weekend.
Happy 4th everybody!