Things we’ve learned from the first trailer for this Fall’s Resident Evil: Retribution starring Milla Jovovich, Sienna Guillory, Johann Urb, Michelle Rodriguez, and Bingbing Li:
- Sony really wants you to buy a Vita, Sony Tablet, Sony MP3 player, and Sony cell phone as a fake commercial for Sony electronics (with music from The Who and a voiceover from Patrick Stewart) takes up 33 seconds of a teaser trailer that is only 78 seconds long.
- Whoa! Ada Wong is in this movie!
Questions that need answering thanks to the last 45 seconds of the trailer:
- How did Alice and company escape from the cliffhanger at the end of Resident Evil: Afterlife?
- How did Alice take over the White House?
- Why are there dragons flying everywhere?
- How is Michelle Rodriguez’s character even alive?
- Whoa! How awesome is it that Ada Wong in this movie?
Resident Evil: Retribution opens in theaters this Fall in 3D. Though I think the opening fakeout commercial will become a real commercial much sooner than that.