It’s here. It’s finally here. The grand finale of the Mass Effect trilogy, Mass Effect 3, will be available for the PC, PS3, and Xbox 360 on March 6. It’s been a long wait (made longer by EA’s decision to delay the game from its original Fall 2011 release date), but it’s almost over.
However, other companies aren’t backing down from the juggernaut that is Commander Shepard…
- Capcom is bowing their 2D crossover fighter Street Fighter X Tekken (PS3, Xbox 360).
- A twin bill of baseball games will be available including Sony’s MLB 12: The Show (PS3, Vita) and 2K’s more inclusive Major League Baseball 2K12 (DS, PC, PS2 (!), PS3, PSP (!!), Wii, Xbox 360).
- Namco Bandai is bringing back the Ridge Racer series in Ridge Racer Unbounded (PS3, Xbox 360), a title that has really managed to stay under the radar.
- Zipper Interactive (creator of the SOCOM series) will make their Vita debut with Unit 13.
- And Nintendo wants everyone to do the Mario one more time on the Wii with Mario Party 9.
Even EA isn’t afraid to compete against itself, as the publisher plans to ship The Sims 3: Showtime for the PC this week in both a Limited Edition and a Katy Perry Special Edition (scandalized muppets not included).
Believe it or not, this is just the tip of the iceberg. There are even more new releases after the break.
- Blades of Time
- Major League Baseball 2K12
- Mass Effect 3
- MLB 12: The Show
- Ridge Racer Unbounded
- Street Fighter X Tekken