No, that’s not a typo. Welcome to the Weekly Warp-Up, your weekly wrap-up of the biggest and the best articles posted at Warp Zoned this week…
It’s all about looking backwards this week as the Warp Zoned staff took a gander at the last four weeks and took stock of what they’ve been playing in the latest edition of Warpback.
We weren’t the only ones looking back this week. Sega examined their most recent financial quarter and didn’t like what they saw. After failing to sell as many games as they’d hoped, the house of Sonic was forced to cut staff and cancel a few unnamed games.
Who else is looking back? Jump forward beyond the break to find out with the Weekly Warp-Up.
The Week in Reviews…
- Final Fantasy XIII-2: Turn Back Time To Get Your 40 Hours Back
The Week in New Games…
- This Week’s Releases: Tiger Woods PGA Tour 13, Capcom Digital Collection, Warriors Orochi 3, and more
- This Week’s PlayStation Network Update: Closure, FIFA Soccer 12, and more
- This Week’s XBLA Wednesday: Wrecked: Revenge Revisited, South Park: Tenorman’s Revenge
- This Week’s Nintendo Download: ARC Style Soccer 3D and 90s Pool
- Next Week’s Releases: Kinect Star Wars, Devil May Cry HD Collection, and more
Amazing Paperboy Delivers…
- EA Sports has launched a second cover vote, this time for NHL 13.
- Transformers: Fall of Cybertron is skipping the Fall… it’ll be out this Summer (August 28) instead.
- The first round of voting for the Madden NFL 13 cover athlete went without many surprises, including Tim Tebow’s ouster.
- Atlus dipped into their back-catalog of PSP titles and slashed prices by as much as 50%.
- Author Brandon Sanderson plans to create a video game prequel to his bestselling fiction franchise with Mistborn: Birthright.
It’s a Secret to Everybody…
- Rumors point to the PlayStation 4’s new codename (Orbis) and an online pass system for every game, whether you play online or not.
- Silicon Knights might be returning to the scene of their greatest triumph with Eternal Darkness 2.
Google Maps looks way back and taps Dragon Warrior as the inspiration behind its new “Quest” filter.