No, that’s not a typo. Welcome to the Weekly Warp-Up, your weekly wrap-up of the biggest and the best articles posted at Warp Zoned this week…
On this Mother’s Day, let’s not forget the woman who put up with all the whining about how you’d just die without the latest video game doodad when you were 12 (having a Game Boy was very important to my existence, seriously). So give your mom a call, I can wait. Oh, and while you’re at it, if you’re a guy and you’ve got a girlfriend/wife, even if she’s not a mother, be nice to her today. Odds are you’ve whined about something game-related in the last few weeks that they didn’t care about. I know I have.
OK, we good? Great. I’ll bet your mom told you to put down those stupid video games and crack a book every once in a while. Thankfully, we can help. This week we studied Scarygirl’s Transformation From Graphic Novel to Game and reviewed the anti-mainstream screed Rise of the Videogame Zinesters.
Now you’ve made mom happy, it’s time to spend the rest of your Sunday catching up with our massive Hands-On Preview/Interview with Producer Dan Sochan of Square Enix’s Sleeping Dogs. It’s out this August and it may just make you say “Grand Theft What?” after you get a chance to try it.
Still need more game news? Check out the rest of the week that was with the Weekly Warp-Up.
The Week in Reviews…
- Skullgirls: Replace This Title With a Boob Joke
- Touch My Katamari: You Can Touch It, But You Won’t Want To
The Week in New Games…
- This Week’s Releases: Starhawk, and more
- This Week’s PlayStation Network Update: Saints Row: The Third, Need For Speed: The Run, Datura, and more
- This Week’s XBLA Wednesday: Minecraft
- This Week’s Nintendo Download: Wonder Boy in Monster World, Monster World IV, and more
- Next Week’s Releases: Diablo III, Max Payne 3, Game of Thrones, and more
Amazing Paperboy Delivers…
- “Face Off” in 1v1 or 2v2 maps in the latest CoD Elite update for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3.
- Minecraft delivered a pickaxe blow to every XBLA sales record.
- Bethesda’s Dishonored will honor store shelves on October 9.
- Give me an Assassin’s Creed III gameplay trailer or give me death!
- Wii U launch lineup assemble! Ubisoft announced The Avengers: Battle For Earth (it’s coming to the Xbox 360 too).
- Prototype 2 and Kinect Star Wars do “the double blasters” at the top of the NPD’s April 2012 report.
- Blizzard has revealed that World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria is on track for a 2012 release.
- Hitman: Absolution will target store shelves on November 20. Pre-order today to play the Hitman: Sniper Challenge.
- Nintendo is cutting the price of the DSi and DSi XL on May 20. So buy a third one!
- If you pre-order The Amazing Spider-Man from Amazon you’ll get to play as Stan Lee. That is awesome.
- Play Wolfenstein 3D in your browser now!
- BioShock Infinite has been delayed a finite amount of time… February 26, 2013 to be exact.
- Calvin Johnson’s curse begins now… EA Sports has unveiled the Madden NFL 13 cover.
- EA is going to release Dead Space 3 and a new Need For Speed game before April 1, 2013.
- That $99 subscription-subsidized Xbox 360 bundle is real and not that bad a deal.
It’s A Secret To Everybody…
- Lego Lord of the Rings will likely become a game this Fall.
- Michel Ancel wants to assure us that Beyond Good & Evil 2 is still in development and is still being planned as a “future generation” game.
- A look inside the inventory database of Blockbuster UK (yes, they still exist) reveals 25 Wii U games.
Somebody put together a complete timeline of the Halo universe. It covers a billion years and six original games, one remade game, six trade comics, nine novels, two short story collections, and an animated film. So if you start now you might be ready for Halo 4 by the time its released this November.