With editions on seven different platforms, Lego Batman 2: DC Super Heroes rose to the top of The NPD Group’s monthly list of bestselling games. The remainder of the list was split between new releases, May holdovers, and Fall 2011 games that are still popular.
There were only a handful of new games available in June with Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon: Future Soldier (#2), Pokemon Conquest (#7), and The Amazing Spider-Man (#10) all earning spots in the top ten. Grasshopper’s Lollipop Chainsaw didn’t make the cut, continuing Suda 51’s lack of success at the register.
An astounding four games from Fall 2011 continue to sell strongly enough to make the top ten: NBA 2K12 (#5), Batman: Arkham City (#6, boosted by the newly released Game of the Year Edition), Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (#8), and Battlefield 3 (#9). I’m sure it helps that all were among the best-reviewed games of last year.
As a whole, game and hardware sales are down 29% from June 2011, according to Joystiq.
A complete list of last month’s best-selling games can be found after the break.
Bestselling Games in June 2012
1. Lego Batman 2: DC Super Heroes (Xbox 360, Wii, PS3, DS, 3DS, Vita, PC)
2. Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon: Future Soldier (Xbox 360, PS3, PC)
3. Diablo III (PC)
4. Max Payne 3 (Xbox 360, PS3, PC)
5. NBA 2K12 (Xbox 360, PS3, Wii, PSP, PS2, PC)
6. Batman: Arkham City (Xbox 360, PS3, PC)
7. Pokemon Conquest (DS)
8. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (Xbox 360, PS3, Wii, PC)
9. Battlefield 3 (Xbox 360, PS3, PC)
10. The Amazing Spider-Man (Xbox 360, PS3, 3DS, DS, Wii)