When it comes to compiling top flight vocal talent to portray the characters in their games, Bethesda is second-to-none. The publisher has previously tapped Oscar nominees (Christopher Plummer, Max Von Sydow, Joan Allen), nerd favorites (Patrick Stewart, Lynda Carter, Ron Perlman), and a Jedi Knight (Liam Neeson) to bring their past games to life.
With Dishonored, they may have outdone themselves. Look at the cast they’ve assembled for their supernatural first person shooter:
- Carrie Fisher as an unnamed voice broadcasting government propaganda over loudspeakers throughout the city of Dunwall.
- Susan Sarandon as Granny Rags, an intriguing old blind woman now deranged after years of street life.
- Brad Dourif as Piero, creator of the iconic mask worn by Corvo as well as a wealth of gadgets Corvo can use.
- John Slattery as Admiral Havelock, a Loyalist who helps Corvo on his quest.
- Michael Madsen as Daud, a mysterious assassin.
- Chloe Grace Moretz as Young Lady Emily, the Empress’ daughter who is kidnapped after her mother’s death.
- Lena Headey as Calista, Emily’s caretaker.
So let’s recap. Dishonored’s voice cast includes Princess Leia, Annie from Bull Durham, Chucky from the Child’s Play series, the guy from Mad Men, Mr. Blonde from Reservoir Dogs, Hit Girl from Kick-Ass, and one of the stars of Game of Thrones. Wow.
Dishonored will be available for the PC, PS3, and Xbox 360 on October 9.