One of the biggest surprises of today’s Wii U Media Event was the introduction of Nintendo TVii. Basically a built-in program viewer for the system, Nintendo Tvii allows viewers to watch Netflix, Hulu Plus, Amazon Instant Videos, and live sports on your TV or through the Wii U Gamepad. Nintendo TVii is also compatible with your DVR, including the ability to watch saved shows and set new recordings.
Some other features of Nintendo TVii include:
- Show search
- Personalized accounts for each family member
- Interact (or “Engage”) with thumbnail moments as your shows happen live. You can post coments to Twitter, Miiverse, Facebook, take part in polls, and see other’s comments.
- Look up a show and get information on the cast or the show through the IMDb and Wikipedia
- Set recordings for an entire series or individual episodes through your DVR
- See what shows your friends like
- Favorites – Nintendo TVii will recommend shows based on what shows you already watch
- Built-in remote accessible on the touch screen
- Access stats, player info, scores, and post comments/polls, and see highlighted plays during live sports.
- You can also access YouTube, and other web-based videos
Best of all, Nintendo TVii is available at no additional cost and with no monthly fee!