No, that’s not a typo. Welcome to the Weekly Warp-Up, your weekly wrap-up of the biggest and the best articles posted at Warp Zoned this week…
Ladies and gentlemen, I open this Weekly Warp-Up with some sad news. In case you haven’t heard, Cliff Bleszinski has left Epic Games. The Gears of War guy was one of gaming’s most outsized personalities and I’m going to miss his annual appearances at E3 (usually holding some kind of comically oversized prop gun). Adios CliffyB, and here’s hoping you come back soon.
Now then, let’s look to the future with The Games of October 2012, including Dishonored, XCOM: Enemy Unknown, Pokemon Black 2/Pokemon White 2, and many, many more.
And in case you’re curious, the Warp Zoned staff also looked back on What We Played in September 2012. Hint, it was a lot of Borderlands 2.
If you’re still mourning over the retirement of CliffyB, I understand. But if you want more news, hit the jump for the rest of the Weekly Warp-Up.
The Week in Reviews…
- Fire Pro Wrestling: “Royal” Rumble or Wrestle “Meh”nia?
- Double Dragon: Neon: WayForward Has The Touch
The Week in New Games…
- This Week’s Releases: Resident Evil 6, NBA 2K13, Command & Conquer: The Ultimate Collecton, and more.
- This Week’s PlayStation Network Update: Resident Evil 6, NBA 2K13, Little King’s Story, and more
- This Week’s XBLA Wednesday: Sonic Adventure 2, Nights Into Dreams
- This Week’s Nintendo Download: Crosswords Plus, Art: Academy: Lessons For Everyone!, and more
- Next Week’s Releases: Dishonored, XCOM: Enemy Unknown, Just Dance 4, and more.
Amazing Paperboy Delivers…
- An Injustice: Gods Among Us comic book series is in the works.
- Retro City Rampage will be available on the PC, PSN, and Vita next week.
- The Unfinished Swan is finished and will be available on the PSN on October 23.
- Do you have an October birthday? Have you received your 25 cents from Microsoft’s MyAchievements program yet?
- Assassin’s Creed III‘s DLC will explore “The Tyranny of King Washington.”
- Free-to-play XBLA game Happy Wars will be available on October 12.
- John Romero’s about to make Kickstarter his bitch with Old School Role-Playing Game.
- Justin Bieber is a playable character in NBA 2K13. Quick, tell your little sister!
- If you spend $100 at the PlayStation Store in October, you’ll receive a $20 credit.
- Over four million copies of Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition have been sold. Oh, and the “Adventure Update” is coming.
It’s A Secret To Everybody…
- Some kind of Star Wars/Angry Birds announcement is coming next week.
- Curt Schilling may be forced to sell the “Bloody Sock” because of the bankruptcy of 38 Studios.
- Borderlands 3 is not in development, but Gearbox is certainly “thinking about it.”
- Namco Bandai wants you to pick the art style for a “Pac-Man casual game.”
- An XBLA profile for the mysterious Star Wars: First Assault was discovered on the Xbox.com servers. What is it?
The Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn webseries has begun. Watch the first episode today!