The NPD Group has released their report on the bestselling games of October 2012 and NBA 2K13 has come out on top. The basketball sim’s lack of competition from the now-canceled NBA Live 13 surely pushed it to greater heights and enabled it to hold off other October releases like Resident Evil 6 (#2), Pokemon Black 2 (#3), Dishonored (#4), and Pokemon White 2 (#5).
New releases performed very well in October as Medal of Honor: Warfighter (#8) and Skylanders Giants (#10) also cracked the top ten even though game sales dropped 25% from October 2011. Of course, things like that happen when you’re competing with the one-two punch of Battlefield 3 and Batman: Arkham City.
The full top ten for October 2012 can be found after the break.
Bestselling Games in October 2012
1. NBA 2K13 (Xbox 360, PS3, Wii, PSP, PC)
2. Resident Evil 6 (Xbox 360, PS3)
3. Pokemon Black 2 (DS)
4. Dishonored (Xbox 360, PS3, PC)
5. Pokemon White 2 (DS)
6. Madden NFL 13 (Xbox 360, PS3, Wii, Vita)
7. FIFA Soccer 13 (Xbox 360, PS3, Wii, Vita, 3DS, PSP)
8. Medal of Honor: Warfighter (Xbox 360, PS3, PC)
9. Borderlands 2 (Xbox 360, PS3, PC)
10. Skylanders Giants (Wii, Xbox 360, PS3, 3DS)