No, that’s not a typo. Welcome to the Weekly Warp-Up, your weekly wrap-up of the biggest and the best articles posted at Warp Zoned this week…
The snow is finally falling in the Northeast and it looks like it’ll be a white Christmas after all. That also means that the Warp Zoned offices are shutting down for a few days so we can be of good cheer. So enjoy your holidays and your family and your friends and your cookies and your presents. I’m hoping to find ZombiU under the tree, but that one might be better suited for Easter…
Oh, and before you go, check out our final Kickstart This! of the year, which actually doesn’t include any Christmas-themed games.
Also, the Mayans were wrong, so we’ve got plenty of news articles for you to check out after the break.
The Week in Reviews…
The Week in New Games…
- This Week’s Releases: None
- This Week’s PlayStation Network Update: Lego Lord of the Rings, Batman: Arkham Asylum, and more
- This Week’s XBLA Wednesday: None
- This Week’s Nintendo Download: Wario Land II, Jeopardy!, Wheel of Fortune, and more
- Next Week’s Releases: None
Amazing Paperboy Delivers…
- Earth Defense Force 2017 Portable will invade the PS Store on January 8.
- Retro City Rampage is coming to the XBLA and Wii Shop in January.
- Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity will bring the series to the 3DS for the first time on March 24.
- Star Trek will boldly go to the PC, PS3, and Xbox 360 on April 23.
- The next Borderlands 2 expansion, “Sir Hammerlock’s Big Game Hunt,” will be available on January 15.
- THQ has filed for bankrptcy protection. And the filing has revealed a quartet of unannounced games.
- Doritos Crash Course will receive an expansion pack in January.
- Resident Evil 6 will be released for the PC on March 22.
- Street Fighter X Capcom is now available as a free PC download.
We’ll be back after Christmas with the second annual Golden Pixel awards. Be sure to check back and see if your favorite game from 2012 picked one up!