Nintendo wants the NX to appeal to "people who like games" and "moms"
Almost three years after its release, GTA5 was NPD's best-selling game in July 2016
Call of Duty: Zombies comic book miniseries will launch in October
Dark Horse to publish Hyrule Historia sequel Legend of Zelda: Art & Artifacts in February 2017
The making of Tetris will be chronicled in a new graphic novel this October
Xbox Store Today: Solar Shifter EX, Star Hammer: The Vanguard Prophecy, Obliteracers, more
Lara Croft Will Return… Art Director for Dead Space joins Crystal Dynamics as Game Director of Tomb Raider franchise
Daily Scoop: August 26, 2016 – Let’s wrap this week up with some great shirts
Mortal Kombat XL coming to PC after all… and you can play the Open Beta now
ESRB Rating Summary for Resident Evil 7: Biohazard revealed… and then removed
- Love Warp Zoned?
SUPPORT US HERE
MLB 13: The Show cover athlete vote begins
Great news, baseball fans! Well, PlayStation baseball fans, at least. Sony announced the launch of the “Major League Baseball (MLB)13 Cover Showdown” yesterday, in which fans will vote for which baseball star will grace the cover of the upcoming MLB 13 The Show. Voting will run from January 7 until January 11 at mlb.mlb.com/covervote, through which you can Facebook or Tweet your choice. You can also vote straight from Twitter with the players’ hashtag. Here is the list of players you can vote for:
- Ryan Braun (Milwaukee Brewers – five-time All-Star, 2007 National League Rookie of the Year, and 2011 National League Most Valuable Player award winner) – #MLB13Braun
- Miguel Cabrera (Detroit Tigers – seven-time All-Star, 2012 American League Most Valuable Player award winner, and the first Triple Crown Award winner since 1967) – #MLB13Cabrera
- Bryce Harper (Washington Nationals – All-Star and 2012 National League Rookie of the Year award winner) – #MLB13Harper
- Matt Kemp (Los Angeles Dodgers – two-time All-Star) #MLB13Kemp
- Andrew McCutchen (Pittsburgh Pirates – two-time All-Star) – #MLB13Cutch
- Buster Posey (San Francisco Giants – 2012 World Series Champion, one-time All-Star, 2012 National League Most Valuable Player award winner, and 2010 National League Rookie of the Year award winner) – #MLB13Buster
- CC Sabathia (New York Yankees – six-time All-Star as well as the 2007 American League Cy Young award winner) – #MLB13CC
Fans can vote once a day for their favorite player. The player with the most votes will get his mug on the cover of MLB 13 The Show, which will be available on PlayStation 3 and the Vita. New features will include Playoff Mode, which will somehow recreate the “excitement and tension of October baseball.” Hmm. Unless they can make my living room fall-crisp, and include a rally hat with each game, I’m skeptical at best. There will also be a new Beginner Mode to help new players, and a streamlined Play Now Mode which promises “faster and simpler games.”
Who’s ready for some baseball?!?!?
It's Dangerous To Go Alone! Read This.
More From Warp Zoned
Andrew McCutchen steals the MLB 13: The Show cover spot
MLB 13: The Show launches on March 5; fans will choose cover athlete
MLB 12: The Show announced for PS3, Vita with Adrian Gonzalez on the cover