No, that’s not a typo. Welcome to the Weekly Warp-Up, your weekly wrap-up of the biggest and the best articles posted at Warp Zoned this week…
2013 is off to a great start, but first, we took a look back and highlighted some of the best games of 2012 in our second annual Golden Pixel Awards. Spoiler alert: We loved Mass Effect 3 a lot.
But perhaps you’d prefer to look sideways at the biggest news stories of the last week. Well those are available after the break.
The Week in Reviews…
- Aero Porter: You’ll Never Look At Luggage the Same Way Again
- Borderlands: Unconquered: Came, Saw, Did Not Conquer
The Week in New Games…
- This Week’s Releases: None
- This Week’s PlayStation Network Update: Jetpack Joyride, Chronovolt
- This Week’s XBLA Wednesday: Retro City Rampage
- This Week’s Nintendo Download: Unchained Blades, Code of Princess, and more
- Next Week’s Releases: Anarchy Reigns
Amazing Paperboy Delivers…
- Bug fixes are coming to Street Fighter X Mega Man in a “Version 2″ patch.
- Hundreds is now available on the iTunes App Store.
- Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition continues to sell well. It passed 5 million in sales last week.
- Lego’s new Legends of Chima line will receive three tie-in games, all published by WB Games.
- Polytron has plans to release Fez on additional platforms in 2013.
- Edge of Twilight isn’t dead and it’ll see a new dawn in Summer 2013.
- Crystal Dynamics has added a multiplayer mode to Tomb Raider.
It’s A Secret To Everybody…
- Sony has applied for a patent to block used games on an unnamed future console. Please remember, this is just a patent!
- Nintendo is planning a big Pokemon-related announcement for January 8.
- Remedy says that we’ll hear “greater news” about the developer in 2013.
- The first map pack for Call of Duty: Black Ops II, “Revolution,” should be released this month.
Wreck-It Ralph will be available on DVD and Blu-ray on March 5. Woo!