Warp Zoned Is Hiring!
APPLY HERE NOW
Activision confirms Skylanders 5, Call of Duty 2015, "unannounced initiatives" during quarterly presentation
Shigeru Miyamoto confirms that Pikmin 4 is in development
NBA 2K15 says the Golden State Warriors will win this year's NBA Championship
Director of Smash Bros. Wii U/3DS wants to create as many DLC characters as possible
Video Game Release Calendar Changelog #4: The 2015 Calendar is Taking Shape
CoD: Black Ops 3 “World Reveal” trailer is here… 11/6 release, pre-order beta confirmed
Guillermo Del Toro and Norman Reedus no longer involved with Silent Hills
Weekly Warp-Up: Pre-Pre-E3 2015 Edition
New Releases: State of Decay Year-One Edition, Omega Quintet, Broken Age, More
Interview: Crossing Swords in Knight Squad with Chainsawesome’s Jean Simon Otis
Weekly Warp-Up: GDC 2013 Edition
No, that’s not a typo. Welcome to the Weekly Warp-Up, your weekly wrap-up of the biggest and the best articles posted at Warp Zoned this week…
Another week, another major video game convention to contend with. The 2013 Game Developers Conference wrapped up on Friday and, as promised, we learned a few things about some of gaming’s biggest titles.
DICE displayed Battlefield 4 for 17 minutes and really showed off the shinier portions of their new Frostbite 3 engine. And Journey showed its muscle once more as it took home six GDC Awards. For the record, the organization only gives out 11 total awards. Finally, Hideo Kojima stopped being coy and confirmed that “Ground Zeroes” and “The Phantom Pain” are actually Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain. But then a Konami PR representative told us they were two separate games, which another Konami representative later confirmed.
Sigh… Watching Konami promote a new Metal Gear game is like watching two magicians try to entertain each other. We know all the tricks.
But at least there’s still plenty of PAX East fun to talk about including The PAXpocalypse List, our look at the best games on the show floor. We’ve also got a Hands-On Preview of The Last of Us and a double shot of Shovel Knight: A Hands-On Preview and an Interview With Director Sean Velasco. Finally, we delve deep into the dark corners of the Shadow PAX, finding games and moments that were on the fringes of the PAX East experience.
Hit the jump for more news from the last week.
The Week in New Games…
- Next Week’s Releases: BioShock Infinite, Tiger Woods PGA Tour 14, Army of Two: The Devil’s Cartel, and more.
- This Week’s PlayStation Network Update: BioShock Infinite, Tiger Woods PGA Tour 14, Army of Two: The Devil’s Cartel, and more.
- This Week’s XBLA Wednesday: Terraria
- This Week’s Nintendo Download: HarmoKnight, Resident Evil Revelations, and more
- Next Week’s Releases: Defiance, Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor’s Edge, and more.
Amazing Paperboy Delivers…
- The Madden NFL 25 Cover Vote continues. Go Deion!
- Rockstar has released some new Grand Theft Auto V screenshots.
- It’s official: Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster will be released in 2013.
- The Wii U is getting a system update that promises to cut loading times by 67%.
Watch William Shatner fight a costumed Gorn to promote the next Star Trek game. You’ll thank me after it’s over.
It's Dangerous To Go Alone! Read This.
More From Warp Zoned
New Releases: BioShock Infinite, Tiger Woods PGA Tour 14, Army of Two 3, More
The Final Word: Ground Zeroes and The Phantom Pain will be “distributed differently”
Weekly Warp-Up: PAX East 2013 Edition