No, that’s not a typo. Welcome to the Weekly Warp-Up, your weekly wrap-up of the biggest and the best articles posted at Warp Zoned this week…
It’s a glorious day in the northeast. No snow and plenty of sun. But before you head outside, a bunch of rumors are swirling around the game industry and some of them are pretty juicy.
For example, Mojang is considering a version of Minecraft on one or more PlayStation platforms after their exclusivity contract with Microsoft is over. But I’m sure you’re a seasoned rumor connoisseur, and you want something even juicier than that. OK.
How about upheaval at LucasArts and possible trouble for Star Wars 1313? Or possible chaos at Visceral Games and the cancellation of the yet-to-be-announced Dead Space 4 (EA denies this, by the way). We’ve also got another Deus Ex domain sighting, this time for Deus Ex: The Fall. And Take-Two is developing “an extensive pipeline of unannounced titles.” Can you say next-generation consoles? I knew you could.
And none of this has even touched on the SimCity server mess. EA is fighting with their fanbase over the possibility of refunds while also making plans to give away a free game to make up for the game’s “dumb” launch.
Also, you shouldn’t pre-order a PS4 yet, trust us on this. There’s more news from the week that was (and more importantly, more rumors) after the break.
The Week in Reviews…
The Week in New Games…
- This Week’s Releases: Tomb Raider, SimCity, Castlevania: Lords of Shadow – Mirror of Fate, and more.
- This Week’s PlayStation Network Update: Tomb Raider, MLB 13: The Show, Runner 2, and more.
- This Week’s XBLA Wednesday: Dollar Dash, Capcom Arcade Cabinet: 1985-I Pack
- This Week’s Nintendo Download: Kersploosh!, Wrecking Crew, Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D, and more
- Next Week’s Releases: Tomb Raider, SimCity, Castlevania: Lords of Shadow – Mirror of Fate, and more.
Amazing Paperboy Delivers…
- Richard “Lord British” Garriott is coming back to the RPG sphere with Shroud of the Avatar. You can even help fund it on Kickstarter.
- Ubisoft has big plans for PAX East 2013 including guided demos of Watch Dogs, Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag, and Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell: Blacklist.
- Sega has announced that Company of Heroes 2 will ship out on June 25.
- A new trailer for Deadpool has been endorsed by Deadpool’s mom. Aww.
- Telltale will launch The Walking Dead: Season 2 this Fall.
- Capcom has announced that Lost Planet 3 will be released on June 25.
- Dishonored wins the Best Game award at this year’s BAFTA ceremony.
- Delver’s Drop is bringing its Kickstarter-funded, Zelda-like dungeon-crawling to PAX East this year.
- The Halo 4: Castle Map Pack will be playable at this year’s PAX East convention.
- Square Enix has reannounced the fourth Thief game, this time for the PC and next-generation consoles.
- The 38 Studios saga continues as Curt Schilling has asked a judge to throw out the lawsuit against his former company.
- Sonic Dash drops the hedgehog in an endless runner on the iOS, available now.
- After leaking last week, Ubisoft has released the first official trailers for Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag. Um, yay?
It’s A Secret To Everybody…
- Yacht Club Games has broken off from WayForward and they’re bringing their first super secret project to PAX East.
- Sony is rumored to be readying the sixth Resident Evil movie for a September 2014 opening.
A trio of great videos for your Sunday… Dennis Rodman and Kim Jong-un in an NBA Jam parody… a King of Kong parody set in the world of Wreck-It Ralph… and a PBS Inventors profile of Ralph “The Father of Video Games” Baer.