Kickstart This! Anniversary Interview: Bendik Stang of Snowcastle Games Takes A Turn to Talk About Earthlock: Festival of Magic
Hype Fatigue: Why I'm Exhausted With Viral Marketing, Elaborate Advertising Campaigns, and Countdowns
Nintendo plans to reissue rare Amiibo figures (Little Mac, Villager, Marth, more) this Fall
Nintendo dates Star Fox Zero, Fatal Frame 5, Devil's Third, and more games for this Fall
Shovel Knight Amiibo figure (and possibly a sequel) officially announced by Nintendo
The Games of September 2015
Daily Scoop: September 2, 2015 – Halfway through the week
Xbox One Elite Bundle with 1TB Hybrid Drive, Elite Controller coming this November
Xbox Store Today: MGS5: The Phantom Pain, Mad, Max, Disney Infinity Star Wars, more
Extreme Exorcism busts its way to release on September 23
Weekly Warp-Up: Next-Gen Things Are Afoot Edition
No, that’s not a typo. Welcome to the Weekly Warp-Up, your weekly wrap-up of the biggest and the best articles posted at Warp Zoned this week…
This week saw two big “announcements-of-announcements” that will likely have major implications on the next phase of the dreaded/loved console war. First, Microsoft confirmed that the Xbox 720/Durango will be unveiled in a special May 21 event. After that, Nintendo announced that they will not host a tradional E3 Press Conference this year. Instead, the company plans to produce a series of Nintendo Direct presentations that will get the word out on their 2013 game lineup.
Neither announcement is big on its own, but they both have made the rest of the year a bit clearer.
Hit the jump for more news from this week.
The Week in Reviews…
- Earth Defense 2017 Portable: Killing Bugs Was Never So Fun
The Week in New Games…
- This Week’s Releases: Lego City Undercover: The Chase Begins, Star Trek, Dead Island: Riptide, and more.
- This Week’s PlayStation Network Update: Thomas Was Alone, Dead Island: Riptide, Star Trek, and more.
- This Week’s XBLA Wednesday: Poker Night 2
- This Week’s Nintendo Download: Rayman Legends Challenges App, Mega Man IV, and more
- Next Week’s Releases: Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon, Soul Sacrifice, Deadly PremonitionL The Director’s Cut, and more.
Amazing Paperboy Delivers…
- The Virtual Console is now available on the Wii U eShop.
- PC and PS3 players will be able to download the Call of Duty: Black Ops II Uprising DLC on May 16.
- The Bureau: XCOM Declassified picks up the pieces of the now-canceled XCOM FPS.
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Legendary Edition will be available on June 4.
- Say hello to your Madden NFL 25 cover athlete: Barry Sanders.
- The first The Evil Within screenshots are pretty creepy. Go Mikami go!
- The Xbox Live Arcade release of Monaco has been slightly delayed.
- In case you need another MGS compilation, Konami has announced the Metal Gear Solid: Legacy Collection for the PS3.
- THQ Auction Alert: Gearbox owns Homeworld, 505 acquired Drawn To Life, and Nordic Games bought the rest.
- Call of Juarez: Gunslinger shoots its way onto the PC, PSN, and XBLA next month.
- Remember Ride to Hell? It’s back as Ride to Hell: Retribution and it’s out this June.
- The Jak and Daxter Collection will be coming to the Vita in June.
It’s A Secret To Everybody…
- Star Wars and Marvel characters might be added to Disney Infinity someday.
- Batman: Arkham Origins might have a multiplayer mode.
After being deeply sorry, Deep Silver decided to sell the Dead Island: Riptide Zombie Bait Edition, which includes those headless, armless, and legless “torso statues.”
It's Dangerous To Go Alone! Read This.
More From Warp Zoned
Dead Island: Riptide shambles into stores on April 23
New Releases: Lego City Undercover 3DS, Dead Island: Riptide, Star Trek, More
Weekly Warp-Up: Second Analog Stick Edition