No, that’s not a typo. Welcome to the Weekly Warp-Up, your weekly wrap-up of the biggest and the best articles posted at Warp Zoned this week…
With the clock ticking down to Microsoft’s “Next Xbox Reveal” on May 21, Sony is using Big Redmond’s radio silence to counterprogram a little PS4 news into your feed. The sneaky, sneaky Sony has marked down May 15 as the date we’ll learn more about the next Gran Turismo game. And they’re using their “Conversations With Creators” video series to tout the power of the PS4. This week, Sony enlisted two developers from Ubisoft to talk up how much better Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag is on their next generation machine.
Electronic Arts isn’t interested in Sony and Microsoft’s next battle for the living room, but the publisher did confirm this week that they plan to announce at least eight games for the PS4 and/or the Xbox 720 at this year’s E3 Expo. Bethesda isn’t taking sides either (other than declaring “Nazis = Bad!”), and they revealed that the newly announced Wolfenstein: The New Order will be released this Fall for “next generation consoles,” which is code for both of them.
In non-next-gen news, we took this Summer’s Beatbuddy for a musical swim under the sea and it was adorable.
You can find more of this week’s news after the break.
The Week in Reviews…
- Ridiculous Fishing: You Caught A Winner
- Dead Space 3: In Space, No One Can Hear You Scream in Frustration
- Fire Emblem: Awakening: A Wonderfully In-Depth Strategy Experience
The Week in New Games…
- This Week’s Releases: None
- This Week’s PlayStation Network Update: Fatal Frame II: Crimson Butterfly, and more.
- This Week’s XBLA Wednesday: Doritos Crash Course 2
- This Week’s Nintendo Download: Mario and Donkey Kong: Minis on the Move, Xevious, Solomon’s Key, and more
Next Week’s Releases: Metro: Last Light, and more.
Amazing Paperboy Delivers…
- Shadow of the Eternals is more than a spiritual successor to Eternal Darkness, it’s actually using assets from Silicon Knights’ canceled “Eternal Darkness 2” project.
- Monaco makes its way to the Xbox Live Arcade in a special Friday update.
- EA has announced that The Sims 4 will be released in early 2014.
- PopCap Games will release Plants vs Zombies 2: It’s About Time in July.
- Disney has tapped Electronic Arts to develop two new Star Wars game. Shed a tear for Star Wars 1313, which appears to be no more.
- Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell: Blacklist will resurrect the popular “Spies vs Mercs” mode when it launches this August.
- Deus Ex: Human Revolution – The Director’s Cut has been delayed on the Wii U.
It’s A Secret To Everybody…
- Lucid Games will reveal their London racing project in a few weeks. Could it be an Xbox 720/Durango game? Maybe, but they’re not saying.
- 80s action here Michael Biehn has hinted that a Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon sequel might already be in the works.
Seriously, Beatbuddy. It’s awesome and you’ll want to keep an eye out for it this Summer.