Weekly Warp-Up: Duty Calls 2013 Edition
No, that’s not a typo. Welcome to the Weekly Warp-Up, your weekly wrap-up of the biggest and the best articles posted at Warp Zoned this week…
Do you hear that? It’s the Call of Duty! Will you answer? The tenth game in Activision’s gargantuan franchise was officially announced this week after a few days of teasing. First there was the European retailer leak, then there was Activision’s own countdown on CallofDuty.com, next was the official announcement of Call of Duty: Ghosts, and finally the confusion over the Wii U version of the game. Is it in development? Who knows. But we’ll get our next dose of Ghosts on May 21 during the “Next Xbox Reveal.”
Here’s what else was happening around Warp Zoned this week…
You want more news from this week? It’s after the break.
The Week in Reviews…
The Week in New Games…
Amazing Paperboy Delivers…
- Watch a pair of Watch Dogs developers talk about working with the PS4 in the first episode of a new video series.
- Dennis Dyack’s new outfit, Precursor Games, is working on Shadow of the Eternals, a spritual sequel to Eternal Darkness.
- Batgirl will swoop in as the second DLC character in Injustice: Gods Among Us.
- Borderlands 2‘s final DLC expansion, Tiny Tina’s Assault on Dragon Keep, will be available on June 25.
- You can pre-order Lego Marvel Super Heroes now and get one of three retailer-specific bonuses.
- Rockstar has released a trio of new trailers for Grand Theft Auto V.
- Techland’s “Project Hell” has been officially announced as Hellraid.
- Watch Dogs will be released on November 19. Ubisoft announced an Xbox 720 version as well.
- Drop is a typing game from Markus “Notch” Persson, the creator of Minecraft.
It’s A Secret To Everybody…
- The Xbox 720/Durango might officially be known as the Xbox Fusion.
- Hideo Kojima has canceled Zone of the Enders 3. You’re forgiven if you had no idea it was even in development.
Sega and Gearbox have been sued over the misleading demos they displayed of Aliens: Colonial Marines at trade shows like PAX Prime, PAX East, and E3.
This entry was posted in News
. Bookmark the permalink