Naughty Dog’s The Last of Us cashed in on years of hype and some of the best reviews for a PS3 game ever (including a 7/7 from our own Andrew Rainnie) to emerge as the best-selling game of June 2013. Last month’s report from The NPD Group featured plenty of other new faces including Animal Crossing: New Leaf (#2), Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition (#3, the first time its been available for retail sale), and Deadpool (#8).
Call of Duty: Black Ops II, NBA 2K13, and Battlefield 3 continue their lengthy runs as they sold enough copies to land at, respectively, #4, #5, and #9. The complete list of June 2013’s top ten best-selling games can be found after the break.
According to the NPD’s monthly report (via Game Informer), total retail sales of games, consoles, and accessories amounted to $593.3 million, a 15% decline from June 2012’s $700.6 million total.
Bestselling Games in June 2013
1. The Last of Us (PS3)
2. Animal Crossing: New Leaf (3DS)
3. Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition (Xbox 360)
4. Call of Duty: Black Ops II (Xbox 360, PS3, PC, Wii U)
5. NBA 2K13 (Xbox 360, PS3, Wii, Wii U, PSP, PC)
6. Injustice: Gods Among Us (Xbox 360, PS3, Wii U)
7. Donkey Kong Country Returns (3DS, Wii)
8. Deadpool (Xbox 360, PS3)
9. Battlefield 3 (Xbox 360, PS3, PC)
10. Luigi’s Mansion: Dark Moon (3DS)