First things first, Microsoft has announced (via their PlayXBLA blog) that Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition has sold over eight million copies. If you recall, the game crossed the seven million barrier just a month ago.
The publisher also released a list of changes, additions, and fixes coming to Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition in the next Title Update. Title Update 12 doesn’t currently have a release date, but it will add a trio of new mobs (Ocelot/Cat, Iron Golem, Baby Villager) and several new items to the game. A new “Tutorial World” will also be added to the game in the next Title Update.
The full list of changes, additions, and fixes can be found after the break.
- Iron Golem
- Baby Villager
- Redstone Lamp
- Jungle Wood Stairs
- Jungle Wood Half Slab
- Jungle Wood Block
- Jungle Wood Planks
- Jungle Tree Sapling
- Ocelot Spawn Egg
- (Creative Mode only) Chiseled Stone Brick
- (Creative Mode only) Mob Heads (Skeleton, Wither Skeleton, Zombie, Human and Creeper)
- New Tutorial World.
- New map height limit (256 instead of 128).
- Jungle Biome
- Jungle trees
- Cocoa beans grow on Jungle trees
- Slabs and Stairs can be placed upside-down by placing them below a block.
- Added Corner Stairs and upside down Corner Stairs.
- Added 3D dropped items.
- Added dispensing Boats and Minecarts to Dispenser.
- New ambient cave sounds.
- New AI for Mobs.
- Added rare drops for Mobs.
- Villagers will have children if there is room in their village.
- Zombie sieges will occur occasionally at night.
- Zombies break down doors on Hard Mode.
- Crafting recipe for ladder now yields 3 ladders instead of 2.
- Placing blocks on grass will replace it.
- Lava now has a faint rumbling sound effect, and large particles that hop out of the lava produce a popping sound.
- Very rare Desert Wells can be found in Desert biomes.
- Increased max boats in a world to 40.
- When in the Nether, Snow Golems will melt and die same as when they are in Desert biomes.
- Abandoned Mineshafts can generate with wooden bridges now when generated over a cave or over top another tunnel.
- Doors have been updated so that double doors work better with Redstone.
- Added a Favorites tab to the Skin Selector menu, storing most recently used skins.
- Added support for Texture Packs and Mash-up Packs, and display of these in the Minecraft Store.
- Fixed local player shadows not being displayed.
- Fixed a few issues with the Privileges settings.
- Fixed visible seams in clouds.
- Fixed 3rd person camera issues with water, where the underwater filter would be randomly removed.
- Fix for structures generating at the edge of a world.
- Fix for putting enchanted items in a Minecart With Chest and destroying it removes the enchantments.
- Fix for breaking a bow having improper animation.
- Fix to make Minecarts run at the correct speed.
- Fixed a few memory leaks.
- Fixed issue with “Can Open Containers” option.
- Fixed issues with “Can Build and Mine” option.
- Fixed Issue with TNT blocks being triggered by explosions even with “TNT explodes” option off.
- Fixed Wolves not tilting their heads when the player has a bone in their hand.
- Fixed the color of Potion particles status effect to match the Potion color.
- Fix for doors spitting in half and glitching in open/closed motion when mined.
- Fixed artifacts on edge of flames when in first person.
- Fixed a lot of game lighting issues.