No, that’s not a typo. Welcome to the Weekly Warp-Up, your weekly wrap-up of the biggest and the best articles posted at Warp Zoned this week…
This was a week of big reveals and nothing was bigger than Marc Whitten’s revelation revealed that the Xbox One does not require the Kinect sensor. That means you can unplug it, stuff it in a closet, or smash it with a hammer and your $499 next-generation system will still function. It occurs to me that Microsoft wouldn’t be having such a problem selling the idea of the Xbox One to the public if that information had been known earlier this Summer.
This week’s other big reveals belong to two games will going toe-to-toe this Fall. Rockstar Games revealed Grand Theft Auto V‘s online mode, Grand Theft Auto Online, in an amazing new trailer that plays up the freedom of living in Los Santos. Meanwhile, Activision unveiled the multiplayer mode for Call of Duty: Ghosts in massive style, discussing the title’s new multiplayer gameplay features, Collector’s Editions/Season Pass, and Eminem song.
There were a few other smaller reveals this week, and you can read all about them after the break.
The Week in Reviews…
- Penny Arcade’s On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness 4: This is the End
The Week in New Games…
- This Week’s Releases: Mario & Luigi: Dream Team, Payday 2, DuckTales Remastered, and more.
- This Week’s PlayStation Network Update: DuckTales Remastered, Payday 2, Mars: War Longs, and more.
- This Week’s XBLA Wednesday: Charlie Murder
- This Week’s Nintendo Download: Donkey Kong, Galaga, and more.
- Next Week’s Releases: Saints Row IV, Disney Infinity, Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell: Blacklist, and more.
Amazing Paperboy Delivers…
- WB and DC have added Atomic Wonder Woman to the Infinite Crisis MOBA.
- Sega’s Castle of Illusion Starring Mickey Mouse will materialize on September 3.
- Square Enix will release Thief on February 25.
- NCAA Football 14 was the best-selling game of July.
- The Joker statue in the Batman: Arkham Origins Collector’s Edition is pretty awesome.
- Microsoft’s Major Nelson gave us a closer look at the Xbox One controller.
It’s A Secret To Everybody…
- Capcom wants to go back to the basics with Resident Evil 7.
- The rumors are (probably) true, Arkane Studios has taken up the mantle of Prey 2.
- A longtime Valve voice actor has stated the company isn’t working on Half-Life 3 because they’re disappointed with the current state of motion-capture technology.
- The old Street Figher code works in DuckTales Remastered.
- Nvidia hinted at a Fall 2013 release for the PC version of Grand Theft Auto V.
- Cory Barlog has returned to Sony Santa Monica to work on something “freaking huge.”
Saints Row IV’s “Million Dollar Pack” includes the game and an insane amount of goodies. Who doesn’t a voucher for plastic surgery included with their latest game purchase?