No, that’s not a typo. Welcome to the Weekly Warp-Up, your weekly wrap-up of the biggest and the best articles posted at Warp Zoned this week…
Sometimes, you just have to throw up your hands and say, “Why not?” This week, Nintendo fans created a petition to get Nintendo of America President Reggie Fils-Aime added to Super Smash Bros. 4 as a playable character. Fils-Aime, thanks to his everpresent sense of humor, responded, “If he’ll have me, my body is ready.” Masahiro Sakurai, the Director of Smash Bros. 4, has yet to respond. I say, “Why not?”
Speaking of Nintendo, the publisher has filed a new trademark application for Eternal Darkness. And Rockstar followed suit a few days later with a new trademark application for Bully. Do both of these games deserve sequels? I say, “Why not?”
Also this week, the site AllGamesBeta dug up a collection of 20 proposed logos from a series of canceled Star Wars games. Should Disney resurrect some of these concepts (including a Darth Vader game, a Han Solo game, and something referred to as “Scum and Villainy”)? I say, “Why not?”
And should you read on for more news from the week that was? Again, “Why not?”
The Week in Reviews…
- Dragon’s Crown: Not Your Dad’s Beat ‘Em Up
The Week in New Games…
- This Week’s Releases: Terraria: Collector’s Edition
- This Week’s PlayStation Network Update: Cloudberry Kingdom, Narco Terror, and more.
- This Week’s XBLA Wednesday: Cloudberry Kingdom, Narco Terror
- This Week’s Nintendo Download: Cloudberry Kingdom, Pikmin 3, Planes, and more.
- Next Week’s Releases: Pikmin 3, Dragon’s Crown, Tales of Xillia, and more.
Amazing Paperboy Delivers…
- Ubisoft reveals new details about Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag’s modern day setting.
- Capcom has released a new teaser for Deep Down, possibly positioning it as a horror title.
- Bethesda delays Wolfenstein: The New Order into 2014.
- Ubisoft plans to bring a brand new next-gen IP to this year’s Gamescom expo.
- Ace Combat: Infinity is Free-To-Play and will be available this year.
- The beta version of the roguelike-like Legend of Dungeon is now available.
- The multiplayer mode in Batman: Arkham Origins will pit Batman versus Bane versus The Joker.
- Irrational has revealed their plans for BioShock Infinite‘s downloadable content.
- Madden NFL 25 will include the All-25 Team, the best players of the last 25 years.
- Phil Fish quits game development and cancels Fez II. I didn’t see that one coming.
- Media Molecule’s Tearaway will now be released in November.
It’s A Secret To Everybody…
- Square Enix has confirmed that a Tomb Raider sequel is in the works. They’ve also apologized for all of their other recent failures.
- Electronic Arts is currently planning to release Star Wars: Battlefront in 2015.
The Wii U had a really bad Spring. Nintendo only managed to sell 160,000 next-generation consoles in the last three months across the entire world.