No, that’s not a typo. Welcome to the Weekly Warp-Up, your weekly wrap-up of the biggest and the best articles posted at Warp Zoned this week…
Welcome to the…
World of Tomorrow!
This week, executives, developers, and community managers just couldn’t stop talking about games that are a very long ways away. For example:
- Id Software was rather forthcoming about why Doom 4 is taking so long.
- Namco Bandai assured us that Tekken X Street Fighter is still in development.
- Ubisoft discussed the end of the Assassin’s Creed franchise.
- Capcom confirmed that Street Fighter V is at least five years away.
- Deep Silver is sure that they’ll release Dead Island 3 someday.
- And finally, Microsoft’s Major Nelson “unboxed” an Xbox One system that is still several months away.
A little closer to the present, we talked with Dakko Dakko’s Dan Croucher and Scram Kitty and His Buddy On Rails, his company’s Wii U eShop-exclusive game.
More news from the World of Today can be found after the break.
The Week in Reviews…
- Beatbuddy: Tale of the Guardians: A Toe-Tappingly Fun Ride
The Week in New Games…
- This Week’s Releases: Pikmin 3, Dragon’s Crown, Tales of Xillia, and more.
- This Week’s PlayStation Network Update: Dragon’s Crown, Tales of Xillia, Ibb & Obb, and more.
- This Week’s XBLA Wednesday: Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons
- This Week’s Nintendo Download: SteamWorld Dig, Mario & Luigi: Dream Team, DuckTales Remastered, and more.
- Next Week’s Releases: Mario & Luigi: Dream Team, Payday 2, DuckTales Remastered, and more.
Amazing Paperboy Delivers…
- MLG’s Columbus event won’t include StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm.
- The final Call of Duty: Black Ops II DLC pack, Apocalypse, will be added to the Xbox Live Marketplace on August 27.
- Zatanna has hocus pocused her way into Injustice: Gods Among Us as a downloadable character.
- Ubisoft and Hasbro have struck a deal to bring Monopoly and many other Habro board games to next-generation consoles.
Warp Zoned Editor Zackery Cote took a look at the World of Yesterday and found 5 Games That Failed Miserably Despite Themselves. It’ll take you FOREVER to guess which game he thinks failed the worst.