The Kickstarter campaign for Keiji Inafune’s Mighty No. 9 is now fully funded, just a tick over 36 hours after it began. Inafune and his team at Comcept asked donors for $900,000 to complete development on the side-scrolling platformer, which was heavily inspired by Inafune’s most famous creation, Mega Man. As of this writing, backers have pledged over $940,000.
So now that Mighty No. 9 is a mighty success, it’s time to talk about stretch goals. In the initial pitch, Inafune expressed a desire to bring the game to the PS3, Wii U, and Xbox 360. And if fans can reach the priciest goal, $2.5 million, that’ll be a reality. Other stretch goals include:
- $1.2 Million: Two More Stages
- $1.35 Million: Mac and Linux Versions
- $1.5 Million: New Game Plus and Turbo Mode
- $1.75 Million: ???
- $2 Million: The Making of Mighty No. 9 Video Documentary
- $2.2 Million: ???
- $2.5 Million: PS3/X360/WIIU CONSOLE VERSIONS!!!
Congratulations to Keiji Inafune and his team at Comcept on a MEGA successful Kickstarter campaign.