The Kickstarter train for Keiji Inafune’s Mighty No. 9 continues to steam ahead with the announcement of a third set of stretch goals. The newly expanded goals include another batch of bonus modes and the possibility that the game might be released for the PS4 and Xbox One if the pledge total reaches $3.3. million.
Inafune delivered the good news during yesterday’s update by saying: “We heard your calls and are proud to report we can finally offer next-gen versions of Mighty No. 9 here! We know by the time the game ships in 2015, many of you will be proud owners of one next-gen system or the other — or maybe both! If we reach this level of funding, we can add the PS4 and the Xbox One to the list.”
A possible PS4/Xbox One edition wasn’t the only addition to Mighty No. 9’s stretch goals. Here’s what else Inafune and his team at Comcept plan to add to the game if donations continue to flow in:
- REACHED – $1.2 Million: Two More Stages
- REACHED – $1.35 Million: Mac and Linux Versions
- REACHED – $1.5 Million: New Game Plus and Turbo Mode
- REACHED – $1.75 Million: The Making of Mighty No. 9 Video Documentary
- $2 Million: Boss Rush Mode
- $2.2 Million: PS3/360/Wii U Versions
- $2.4 Million: Challenge Mode!
- $2.55 Million: Extra End Stage & Boss!
- $2.75 Million: Beck & Call Online Co-Op Challenge Mode!!!
- $2.9 Million: ???
- $3.1 Million: ???
- $3.3 Million: PS4 & Xbox One Versions!
- ?: ???
As of this writing, backers have pledged a little over $1.96 million towards Mighty No. 9. With 21 days remaining, all of these stretch goals are certainly reachable.