No, that’s not a typo. Welcome to the Weekly Warp-Up, your weekly wrap-up of the biggest and the best articles posted at Warp Zoned this week…
Usually, I can find some kind of unifying theme to the events of the most recent week, but not this week. So welcome to the “Grab Bag Edition” of the Weekly Warp-Up, please don’t be scared off by the randommness.
This week, we continued to dig into our Grab Bag of PAX Prime Goodies and came up with Hands-On Previews of Pokemon X/Y and the Borderlands 2 mini-expansion, T.K. Baha’s Bloody Harvest. Speaking of PAX Prime, the show floor is home to a ton of indie developers and we here at Warp Zoned love indie developers. It’s why we turn the spotlight on them at least once a month in our Kickstart This! column, which we did again this week.
Alright, enough with the ranom, you can find more news from this past week after the break.
The Week in Reviews…
- The Wonderful 101: Another Golden Hit From Platinum Games
The Week in New Games…
- This Week’s Releases: Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 ReMix, NHL 14, Killzone: Mercenary, and more.
- This Week’s PlayStation Network Update: NHL 14, Puppeteer, Killzone: Mercenary, and more.
- This Week’s XBLA Wednesday: DuckTales Remastered, Freefall Racers
- This Week’s Nintendo Download: Zelda II: The Adventure of Link, Tecmo Bowl, The Wonderful 101, and more.
- Next Week’s Releases: Grand Theft Auto V, The Wonderful 101, and more.
Amazing Paperboy Delivers…
- Robot Loves Kitty officially released Legend of Dungeon this week.
- Microsoft has delayed Fable Anniversary. The game will now be released in February 2014.
- Madden NFL 25 scores a touchdown on the NPD’s August 2013 sales chart.
- J.K. Rowling is writing a Harry Potter spinoff movie titled Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them. Naturally, WB Games is turning it into a video game.
- Infinity Blade III slices up iOS devices on September 18.
- Ubisoft is creating an homage to the JRPG genre called Child of Light.
- Assassin’s Creed: Liberation HD will be released for the PC, PSN, XBLA this Fall.
- Assassin’s Creed: Pirates will sail the smartphone/tablet seas this Fall.
- A new Call of Duty: Ghosts trailer begins IN SPACE with a giant SPACE LASER attack on the US! OK, they’re actually SPACE MISSILES! I know, not as impressive.
- Mighty No. 9 continues to take Kickstarter by storm. This week, Keiji Inafune added a PS4/Xbox One tier to the stretch goals.
- Vin Diesel himself has announced that a third Chronicles of Riddick game is in development.
- D3 Publisher is working on a PS4-exclusive Earth Defense Force game. Picking a next-gen console just got a whole lot easier.
- It turns out that Deep Down isn’t so medieval, a new trailer reveals the game takes place in 2094.
- A new Lego Marvel Super Heroes trailer shows off the many guises of Stan Lee.
It’s A Secret To Everybody…
- Bethesda hints at the possibility of Quake 5 in several new job postings for id Software.
- Microsoft executives are claiming the company (and their third party partners) will continue to support the Xbox 360 with new games for three years.
Mortal Kombat Legacy II is complete and the first episode will be available for public consumption on September 26.