PS Store Today: Madden NFL 16, Until Dawn, Mega Man Legacy Collection, more
Nintendo dates Star Fox Zero, Fatal Frame 5, Devil's Third, and more games for this Fall
Nintendo plans to reissue rare Amiibo figures (Little Mac, Villager, Marth, more) this Fall
Super Mario Maker's coolest player-created courses include a wild roller coaster, a shooter, a puzzle platformer, and more
Nintendo Download: Disney Infinity Star Wars, Runbow, Sin & Punishment 1 & 2
Catch a ride to the theater… a Borderlands movie is in the works
Minecraft: Story Mode will be playable at PAX Prime 2015
Shovel Knight Amiibo figure (and possibly a sequel) officially announced by Nintendo
Night Dive will remaster Turok: Dinosaur Hunter and Turok 2 for modern PCs
Daily Scoop: August 27, 2015 – Always so much to do
Weekly Warp-Up: Honoring Hiroshi Yamauchi
No, that’s not a typo. Welcome to the Weekly Warp-Up, your weekly wrap-up of the biggest and the best articles posted at Warp Zoned this week…
Hiroshi Yamauchi, one of the most important figures in the entire video game industry, died this past week. While Yamauchi’s name might not be as instantly recognizable as Shigeru Miyamoto, Hideo Kojima, or Keiji Inafune, he is likely the person most responsible for making the games industry what it is today. As the former President of Nintendo, Yamauchi steered the company (and the entire industry) out of the great “Video Game Crash of 1983” and pushed forward with the creation of the Famicom/NES. The system’s unquestioned success proved that video games would never really go away and the rest, as they say, was history. On behalf of the world, thank you Mr. Yamauchi.
Elsewhere on Warp Zoned this week, Zackery Cote looked at the juggernaut that is World of Warcraft and opined that World of Warcraft’s Next Expansion Should Be Its Last. And continuing our PAX Prime 2013 coverage, Nicole Kline previewed Transistor.
More news from last week can be found after the break.
The Week in Reviews…
- Flashback: Like the Old Guy at the Disco
The Week in New Games…
- Next Week’s Releases: Grand Theft Auto V, The Wonderful 101, and more.
- This Week’s PlayStation Network Update: Grand Theft Auto V, Capcom Fighting Evolution, and more.
- This Week’s XBLA Wednesday: Foul Play
- This Week’s Nintendo Download: The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD, Super Mario Bros., and more.
- Next Week’s Releases: Scribblenauts Unmasked, FIFA 14, Pro Evolution Soccer 2014, and more.
Amazing Paperboy Delivers…
- A new Killer Instinct trailer gives us a closer look at Sadira, one of the game’s new characters.
- The GameCase is the first official iOS 7-compatible controller.
- Microsoft has released a new trailer for Crimson Dragon and its appropriately dragon-y.
- Good News: Dark Souls II will be released on March 11. Bad News: You’ve already been killed six times.
- Wii Fit U will be available to download from the Wii U eShop for free (sort of) on November 1.
- Grand Theft Auto V had the best launch in franchise history.
- Wii Sports Club brings the minigame compilation to the Wii U… as individual downloads.
- Persona fans can relax, Sega has purchased Atlus.
- EA Sports will release NBA Live 14 on November 19.
- Bethesda has released a new trailer for The Evil Within and its appropriately scary.
- Mighty No. 9 is officially coming to the PS3, Wii U, and Xbox 360!
- The creators of Mutant Football League are back with a Kickstarter campaign to fund a reboot.
It’s A Secret To Everybody…
- Apparently, WB Games has several game adaptations based on DC Comics character in the works.
- Microsoft and Activision have “talked” about the possibility of Geometry Wars: Retro Evolved 3.
I got nothing.
It's Dangerous To Go Alone! Read This.
More From Warp Zoned
An Introduction to the World of Grand Theft Auto V: First gameplay video released
Grand Theft Auto Online promises a “living online world”
Rockstar announces Spring 2013 release for Grand Theft Auto V