No, that’s not a typo. Welcome to the Weekly Warp-Up, your weekly wrap-up of the biggest and the best articles posted at Warp Zoned this week…
We have officially reached November and that means that next-generation consoles from Microsoft and Sony are just two weeks (PS4) and three weeks (Xbox One) away. Woohoo! The Warp Zoned staff broke down some of our most anticipated next-gen (and current-gen) titles in our look at The Games of November 2013.
But you can’t have a console transition without feeling a little nostalgic for the previous generation. Thankfully, that’s what our “Warp Zoned Rewind” series is for. This week, Staff Writer Mike Ryan looked back at some of the people that could be considered the Jackasses of the 7th Generation and, in honor of Halloween, he embraced his inner serial killer to create a catalog of the Scariest Games. And don’t worry, we’ll continue to look back at the Wii/PS3/Xbox 360 era throughout the rest of the year.
More news from the week that was (including Typing of the Dead: Overkill!) can be found after the break.
The Week in New Games…
- This Week’s Releases: Battlefield 4, Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag, Sonic: Lost World, and more.
- This Week’s PlayStation Network Update: Angry Birds Star Wars, Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag, Battlefield 4, and more.
- This Week’s XBLA Wednesday: Blood Knights
- This Week’s Nintendo Download: Wii Fit U, Lego Marvel Super Heroes, and more.
- Next Week’s Releases: Call of Duty: Ghosts, and more.
Amazing Paperboy Delivers…
- Minecraft: Skyrim Edition will be the Xbox 360 Edition’s second “mash-up” add-on.
- Namco Bandai has announced that Soul Calibur II HD Online will be released on November 20.
- Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z will be released in March 2014.
- Six Months to Air… South Park: The Stick of Truth will now be released in March 2014.
- Take-Two has announced they have “more than 10” next-generation games in development.
- Techland’s Hellraid has been delayed into 2014.
- Activision has added Angry Birds Star Wars to the PS4 and Xbox One launch lineups.
- Telltale has released the first trailer for The Walking Dead: Season 2.
- Sega brings back Typing of the Dead in Typing of the Dead: Overkill. This is one resurrection I can get behind.
- EA Sports and Tiger Woods won’t be working together on PGA Tour 15. But Tiger is talking to another (unnamed) publisher about a new video game.
- Halo: Spartan Assault is bound for the Xbox 360 and Xbox One in December.
- Trine 2: Complete Story has been announced for PS4.
- Infinity Ward has added aliens to Call of Duty: Ghosts in the new “Extinction” mode.
- Rockstar Games plans to release the first DLC for Grand Theft Auto V next week.
It’s A Secret To Everybody…
- Ed Boon possibly teased an HD remake of Mortal Kombat: Shaolin Monks. Or is he was just joking.
- Square Enix has had “discussions” with their Eidos Interactive teams about creating a future Final Fantasy game.
The beginning of a month also requires the end of another and, like we do at the end of every month, the Warp Zoned staff dove into What We Played in October 2013.