No, that’s not a typo. Welcome to the Weekly Warp-Up, your weekly wrap-up of the biggest and the best articles posted at Warp Zoned this week…
We’re just five short days from the release of the PlayStation 4. But before Sony’s next-generation console takes center stage, we took a look back at The “AAA” Game. Specifically, Where It’s Been, Where It’s Going, and Did It Kill the “Mid-Tier” Game?
The answer, by the way, is no. That is, if you subscribe to the theory that “indie” games are the new “mid-tier.” Which I do.
Anyway, gamers the world over also got to experience BlizzCon this week, and Blizzard did not disappoint. They introduced World of Warcraft‘s latest expansion, Warlords of Draenor, gave us another look at Diablo III: Reaper of Souls, and confirmed that the PS4-exclusive Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition will include both the main game and the expansion.
Hit the jump for more news from the final week before the PS4’s launch.
The Week in New Games…
- This Week’s Releases: Call of Duty: Ghosts, and more.
- This Week’s PlayStation Network Update: Call of Duty: Ghosts, The Guided Fate Paradox, How to Survive, and more.
- This Week’s XBL Store Update: Call of Duty: Ghosts, World of Tanks: Xbox 360 Edition
- This Week’s Nintendo Download: Wii Sports Club, Toki Tori, Kid Icarus: Uprising, and more.
- Next Week’s Releases: PS4, XCOM: Enemy Within, Ratchet & Clank: Into the Nexus, and more.
Amazing Paperboy Delivers…
- Activision shipped a ton of copies to Call of Duty: Ghosts to stores. Over $1 billion worth, in fact.
- BlazBlue: Chronophantasma, the latest BlazBlue update, will be released in March 2014.
- Microsoft plans to offer monthly Car Packs for Forza Motorsport 5.
- The Wii Mini will finally launch in the US this month.
- MLB 14: The Show will step into the batter’s box next Spring.
- As we all expected, Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes will be available in Spring 2014 as a standalone prequel.
- Spinal has been confirmed as one of two post-release characters for Killer Instinct.
It’s A Secret To Everybody…
- BioWare has given the world its first look at Mass Effect 4 by publishing blurry pictures of developers working on it.
- Infinity Ward is thinking about Call of Duty IN SPACE.
- Supermassive Games has assured us that they HAVE NOT canceled Until Dawn.
Did you miss the extended trailer for “Extinction Mode” from Call of Duty: Ghosts? You should watch it, because it looks like Infinity Ward had a lot of fun making it (both the trailer and the game mode).