Blizzard has announced that the first expansion for Diablo III, Reaper of Souls, will be released for the PC and Mac on March 25. The expansion will include a battle against Death himself as well as an increased Level Cap and the Crusader, an all-new character class.
Reaper of Souls will be released in three different packages, a $39.99 standard edition and two special editions. The $59.99 Digital Deluxe Edition will include the game and a variety of in-game bonus items:
- Exclusive Helm and Weapon-Transmogrification Recipes: Players can distinguish their characters among the champions of Sanctuary.
- Spectral Hound Minion: Players can summon Spectral Hound to keep their adventurers company on their epic journey
- World of Warcraft In-Game Companion Pet: The Treasure Goblin, ready to compete in Pet Battles
- Three Additional Character Slots
- StarCraft II Crusader-Themed Battle.net Portraits and Malthael-Themed Decals
Finally, the retail-exclusive Collector’s Edition will include the game, all of the in-game items from the Digital Deluxe Edition and a “gorgeous full-color hardcover art book, a behind-the-scenes Blu-ray/DVD two-disc set, and a mouse pad bearing the impenetrable visage of Malthael, the Angel of Death.” The Collector’s Edition has been priced at $79.99.
Diablo III: Reaper of Souls is also in development for the PS4 as part of the Ultimate Evil Edition bundle. It will be released later in 2014 and Blizzard has promised they will release more details soon.