No, that’s not a typo. Welcome to the Weekly Warp-Up, your weekly wrap-up of the biggest and the best articles posted at Warp Zoned this week…
The NPD Group has released their findings on the state of retail video game sales for December 2013 as well as the 2013 Full-Year Report. Call of Duty: Ghosts was the big moneymaker in December while Grand Theft Auto V was the best-selling game of 2013 as a whole.
Meanwhile, Nintendo delivered some bad financial news to their shareholders as they revealed that the 2013 sales forecast for the Wii U has been cut from nine million consoles to 2.8 million consoles. But that’s OK. They’re Nintendo… they’ll be fine.
More news from the previous seven days can be found after the break.
The Week in Reviews…
- Lego Marvel Super Heroes: Amazing, Spectacular, and Fantastic
The Week in New Games…
- This Week’s Releases: None
- This Week’s PlayStation Network Update: Assassin’s Creed: Liberation HD, Double Dragon, more.
- This Week’s XBL Store Update: Assassin’s Creed: Liberation HD
- This Week’s Nintendo Download: Unepic, Castlevania II, F1 Race Stars: Powered Up Edition
- Next Week’s Releases: None
Amazing Paperboy Delivers…
- Disney/LucasArts has officially abandoned the Star Wars 1313 trademark.
- The Last of Us dominated the nominations for the 2014 DICE Awards.
- Ubisoft has announced Tetris for the PS4 and Xbox One. Are you excited? I’m excited! (Seriously).
- Even though their office was flooded, Hello Games has vowed that No Man’s Sky won’t be delayed.
- Everyone will have a chance to buy Broken Age on January 28.
- The MLB will bring R.B.I. Baseball 14 to consoles and mobile devices this Spring.
- The “Early Access” version of DayZ has sold one million copies.
- Outlast will be released for the PS4 next month and it’ll be free for Plus subscribers.
- The first Call of Duty: Ghosts Map Pack, “Onslaught,” will be available on January 28.
- It look almost a year, but EA plans to add an “Offline Mode” to SimCity soon.
It’s A Secret To Everybody…
- Valve has decided to make their unconventional Steam Controller a little bit more conventional.
- DriveClub will miss the PS4’s Japanese launch. Evolution promises a release date announcement “soon.”
- IO Interactive confirms that Hitman 6 is in development, it’ll be big, and that we’ll learn more soon.
- Sledgehammer Games is hiring developers to work on a “Next-Gen Call of Duty Game.”
We sat down with Allan Wang of Imagiro Studios to talk about MODUS.