No, that’s not a typo. Welcome to the Weekly Warp-Up, your weekly wrap-up of the biggest and the best articles posted at Warp Zoned this week…
Now that all the blogs and news sites have handed out their year-end awards, it’s time for the game industry organizations to wave their magic wands and declare what was great in 2013. Three major groups announced their nominees this week including the Independent Games Festival, the Game Developers Choice Awards, and the Writers Guild. If you haven’t played The Last of Us, Gone Home, Tearaway, or Grand Theft Auto V yet, these groups really think you should.
There’s more news to be bad from the week that was after the break.
The Week in Reviews…
- The Walking Dead Season 2: All That Remains: Keeping That Hair Short
The Week in New Games…
- This Week’s Releases: Wii Fit U, Metal Gear Rising on PC
- This Week’s PlayStation Network Update: Don’t Starve, Tiny Brains, more.
- This Week’s XBL Store Update: None
- This Week’s Nintendo Download: Chibi-Robo: Photo Finder, Gradius, Cocoto Magic Circus 2
- Next Week’s Releases: None
Amazing Paperboy Delivers…
- Yoshi’s New Island and Disney Magical World have been given release dates.
- The Farm 51’s Get Even uses a fancy new technology to produce photorealistic graphics.
- The Hitman game in development at Square Enix Montreal has been canceled.
- 2K Games has retired Major League Baseball 2K14, probably because of all the steroids the developers took.
- Turtle Rock’s Evolve has been unveiled in the pages of Game Informer.
- Sega and Creative Assembly finally got around to officially announcing Alien: Isolation, a game we’ve all known about for months.
- Microsoft announced that they sold more than three million Xbox One consoles in 2013.
- But then Sony turned around and announced that they sold 4.2 million PS4 consoles last year.
It’s A Secret To Everybody…
- Tom Clancy’s The Division might not be released until 2015.
- Hideo Kojima is working on a “SUPER CONFIDENTIAL PROJECT.”
Rupert Friend will likely play Agent 47 in the new Hitman film, but we offer up four alternates.