No, that’s not a typo. Welcome to the Weekly Warp-Up, your weekly wrap-up of the biggest and the best articles posted at Warp Zoned this week…
Super Bowl Ex-Ell-Vee-Eye-Eye-Eye begins in a few hours and it looks like all the gloom and doom a few weeks ago about fans freezing to death in their seats was a little overblown. The current weather forecast calls for a high of around 50 and a little bit of rain. It’s definitely a far cry from the blizzard Bowl that EA Sports and Madden NFL 25 predicted, so perhaps the Seahawks can defy the simulation and pull out a win.
But the biggest spectacle in sports has got nothing on the news that Microsoft has obtained the rights to the Gears of War franchise from Epic Games. They’ve entrusted the future of the franchise to Black Tusk Studios, though this deal may have killed their in-development “AAAA game.”
And speaking of business deals… Nintendo has a plan! It involves releasing Mario Kart 8 in May, DS games on the Wii U’s Virtual Console, and more third party licensing deals like Hyrule Warriors. That… that actually sounds a lot like their old plan.
But you can read all the rest of the new news after the break.
The Week in Reviews…
- Diablo III for Consoles: Why Buying It On A Console Over the PC Is A No-Brainer
- Minecraft: The Unlikely Tale of Marcus “Notch” Persson and the Game that Changed Everything: The Awesome Story of the Indie Sensation and the Man Behind it
The Week in New Games…
- This Week’s Releases: Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition, Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Z
- This Week’s PlayStation Network Update: Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition, Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Z, and more.
- This Week’s XBL Store Update: Halo: Spartan Assault for Xbox 360
- This Week’s Nintendo Download: The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past, Mario Bros., Wii Fit U
- Next Week’s Releases: Bravely Default, Fable Anniversary, The Lego Movie, and more.
Amazing Paperboy Delivers…
- Releasing’s as easy as breathing… Rambo: The Video Game will be released in EU in February and in North America in March.
- Pac-Man Museum will gobble up all of your free time on February 25.
- LocoCycle will drive onto the Xbox Live Arcade and Steam on February 14.
- Capcom will release Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate for the 3DS in early 2015.
- Bethesda plans to release a special “Imperial Edition” of The Elder Scrolls Online.
- Minecraft: PS3 Edition has sold over one million copies.
- Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn will be released for the PS4 on April 14. Because, of course it is.
It’s A Secret To Everybody…
- Microsoft is looking into releasing the Xbox One console in a ton of new configurations including a 1TB version, a discless version, and a white version.
Microsoft wants to give you $100 towards an Xbox One if you trade in a PS3 (or Xbox 360) at your local Microsoft Store. Show of hands, how many people actually have a local Microsoft Store?