No, that’s not a typo. Welcome to the Weekly Warp-Up, your weekly wrap-up of the biggest and the best articles posted at Warp Zoned this week…
The NFL’s “Big Game,” the Super Bowl, took place exactly one week ago. EA predicted that the Broncos would win in a snowy overtime thriller, but that is not what happened… at all… not even a little bit. The real life result was almost as terrifying as that Breaking Madden video that’s been making the rounds. EA’s prediction is usually pretty spot on, but maybe we should ask Jon Bois to do it next year.
In non-football news, there were plenty of new release dates announced this week including the news that Master Reboot would be coming to the PS3 this month, Plague Inc: Evolved is coming to Steam on February 20, Hyper Light Drifter will be out by the end of the year, Murdered: Soul Suspect will be released in June, The 90s Arcade Racer is gearing up for a Summe release, Drakengard 3 will be released on May 20, and TitanFall for the Xbox 360 will be released on March 25 (the PC and Xbox One editions are still on track for March 11).
Also, we consulted our crystal ball and found 10 Actors We Think Could Play Nathan Drake in the Uncharted Movie.
You can find more news from last week after the break.
The Week in New Games…
- This Week’s Releases: Bravely Default, Fable Anniversary, The Lego Movie, and more.
- This Week’s PlayStation Network Update: Outlast, Ace Combat: Infinity beta, Wolf Among Us: Episode 2, and more.
- This Week’s XBL Store Update: Wolf Among Us Episode 2, Fable Anniversary, Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Z
- This Week’s Nintendo Download: Bravely Default, Retro City Rampage: DX, The Lego Movie, and more.
- Next Week’s Releases: Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII, 2K/Bethesda Compilations, and more.
Amazing Paperboy Delivers…
- Activision is adding a third team to the Call of Duty mix as Sledgehammer will develop Call of Duty 2014.
- Gamers have turned on EA (again) over the frustrating free-to-play and rating rules in the iOS/Android version of Dungeon Keeper.
- Ubisoft plans to release a standalone version of Assassin’s Creed: Freedom Cry for the PC, PS3, and PS4.
- Professor Layton vs Phoenix Wright will get a European release in March.
- Nintendo has revealed the release dates for a ton of indie games on the 3DS and Wii U.
- The Call of Duty: Ghosts Onslaught DLC Pack will be released for the PC, PS3, PS4 on February 27.
- The Steam version of Ikaruga will include a side-scrolling mode and several other additions.
- 2K Games will release NBA 2K15 and WWE 2K15 this Fall.
- The Last of Us is winning more awards including the 2014 Writer’s Guild Award and ten 2014 DICE Awards.
- Square Enix-produced a 16-bit-style recap of the Final Fantasy XIII saga to catch you up before Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII.
It’s A Secret To Everybody…
- Naughty Dog is considering their next project very carefully. It is either going to be The Last of Us 2 or a brand new property.
- Disney is very likely working on Marvel and Star Wars expansions for Disney Infinity.
- EA may have canceled the latest Need For Speed after layoffs at Ghost Games UK.
- It looks like a new Duke Nukem game is in development at Enterceptor Entertainment.
HBO’s Looking recently created a fake video game for the show. This is how they did it.