No, that’s not a typo. Welcome to the Weekly Warp-Up, your weekly wrap-up of the biggest and the best articles posted at Warp Zoned this week…
Two major reveals happened this week, though they both played out in very different ways. First, Square Enix launched their “Can’t Kill Progress” stream, which eventually wound up revealing Deus Ex: Mankind Divided. The stream itself was a bit snore-inducing, but the debut trailer released after the stream ended was pretty great.
Meanwhile, mysterious Snapchat images in Call of Duty: Black Ops II lead gamers on a scavenger hunt that ultimately ended with a Call of Duty: Black Ops III teaser. We’ll learn more on April 26, but for now, some minimal “hacking” allowed gamers to read an early description of the game hidden in the website’s source code.
Elsewhere around Warp Zoned, we reviewed the PS4 re-release of Bastion (it’s great), published a compilation of The Best Game Writing of Winter 2015 in a new edition of Insert Quarterly (they’re all great), and highlighted Ira, Izle, and Upside-Down Dimensions in the latest Kickstart This (we hope they’re all great).
More news from the week that was can be found after the break.
New Game Announcements
- Lego Dimensions will challenge Skylanders and Disney Infinity this September.
- Yo-Kai Watch will be published in America and Europe by Nintendo.
- NIS America confirmed Rodea: The Sky Soldier will be released in North America in September.
- Farming Simulator 15 will be released for consoles on May 19.
- Resident Evil Revelations 2 will be released for the Vita this Summer.
- Square Enix has shipped one million copies of Final Fantasy Type-0 HD.
- Mortal Kombat X is now available for iOS devices.
- Ride was parked by Bandai Namco until June 23.
- The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt will receive two “massive” expansions.
- Tomb Raider (2013) is now the best-selling game in the Tomb Raider franchise.
- H-Hour: World’s Elite will be available through Steam Early Access on April 21.
- The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt – “Gameplay Trailer”
- Mario Kart 8 – “200cc vs 150cc”
- Etrian Odyssey 2 Untold: The Fafnir Knight – “The Protagonist”
- Mortal Kombat X – “Launch Trailer”
New Release Round-Up
- Retail Releases: Xenoblade Chronicles 3D, Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin, Etrian Mystery Dungeon
- Nintendo Download: Xenoblade Chronicles 3D, Pokemon Rumble World, Affordable Space Adventures, more
- PlayStation Store: Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin, Bastion, Tower of Guns, more
- Xbox Games Store (Wednesday): Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin
- Xbox Games Store (Friday): Tower of Guns
- Next Week’s Retail Releases: Mortal Kombat X, Grand Theft Auto V for PC