No, that’s not a typo. Welcome to the Weekly Warp-Up, your weekly wrap-up of the biggest and the best articles posted at Warp Zoned this week…
Ah, late April. That time of year that’s still too early to be considered “pre-E3,” but it’s close enough to the big show that publishers start talking about some of their big-but-not-too-big projects.
Projects like Telltale’s Collaboration With Marvel Entertainment, which is still in the extremely early stages of development and won’t be released until 2017. Then there’s the announcement of Ancestors: The Humankind Odyssey, the next game from Patrice Desilets, the creator of the Assassin’s Creed franchise. Finally, Sega and Creative Assembly have finally officially announced Total War: Warhammer, which has been in some form of semi-secret production for several years now.
Elsewhere on Warp Zoned this week, we sat down with Chainsawesome’s Jean Simon Otis to talk about Knight Squad, their upcoming Bomberman/Gaunlet mashup. We also reviewed the awesome mobile puzzler Shades and offered up a how-to guide for prospective Kickstarter creators with Kickstart This! 10 Pointers To Get More Gold For Your Game.
More news from the week that was can be found after the break.
Release Date Updates
- Do you find it hard to keep up with all the latest release dates? So do we. That’s why we regularly publish a digest of newly-announced and newly-changed release dates. Video Game Release Calendar Changelog #4, featuring Star Wars: Battlefront, Madden NFL 16, Mario Marker, and many more, is now available for your perusal.
New Game Announcements
- WWE 2K15 will bodyslam Steam next week.
- Square Enix will add Final Fantasy IV: The After Years to Steam on May 12.
- Adventure Time: Finn and Jake Investigations will finally merge the adventure series with the adventure genre.
- Nordic Games will release Legend of Kay Anniversary this Summer.
- Microsoft will announce a “new intellectual property” that’s exclusive to the Xbox One at this year’s E3 Expo.
- Official NBA 2K15 simulation says the Golden State Warriors will win this year’s NBA Championship.
- Jason Voorhees will join Mortal Kombat X (if you bought the Kombat Pack) on May 5.
- Rory McIlroy PGA Tour was pushed back to July by EA Sports.
- WB Games released the system requirements for Batman: Arkham Knight.
- Axiom Verge will be released for the PC on May 14.
- Best Buy will offer an exclusive Wii U console bundle for Splatoon.
- Matthew Armstrong, the creator and Franchise Director of the Borderlands series, has left Gearbox.
- Shovel Knight will be available for the Xbox One next week.
- If you pre-order Halo 5: Guardians from GameStop you’ll get a special Spartan Locke Armor Set.
- Blizzard’s Heroes of the Storm will get an official release on June 2.
- Life Is Strange: Episode 3 will be released in May.
- Star Wars: Battlefront – “Developer Diary #1”
- Mad Max – “Gameplay Trailer”
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III – “Ember”
Rumor Has It
- A leaked poster says Call of Duty: Black Ops III will be released on November 6.
- The Director of Super Smash Bros. For Wii U/3DS wants to create as many DLC characters as possible
- Remedy really wants to bring an Alan Wake remake (a rewake?) to the Xbox One.
New Release Round-Up
- Retail Releases: None
- Nintendo Download: Mario Kart DS, Mario Kart 8 200cc update, more
- PlayStation Store: Shovel Knight, Assassin’s Creed Chronicles: China, more
- Xbox Games Store (Wednesday): Assassin’s Creed Chronicles: China, Aaru’s Awakening, more
- Xbox Games Store (Friday): Happy Wars
- Next Week’s Retail Releases: State of Decay Year-One Survival Edition, Omega Quintet, Broken Age, more