Mortal Kombat X killed the competition last month as it’s been crowned the top-selling game of April 2015 by The NPD Group. Aside from NetherRealm’s latest and Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin at #8, the tracking firm’s report showed a top ten that was comprised solely of returning titles including Grand Theft Auto V at #2, Battlefield Hardline at #3, MLB 15: The Show at #4, and the well-loved Minecraft at #5.
Overall, it was a good month for the game industry as total sales rose 3% over April 2014. It’s a small gain, but it’s a gain nonetheless.
“Overall sales across hardware, new physical software, and accessories in April 2015 grew by 3% over April 2014 due to the strength of new physical software sales, which offset losses from hardware and accessories,” The NPD Group’s Liam Callahan told GamesIndustry.biz.
April 2015’s top ten best-selling titles (which also includes CoD: Advanced Warfare, NBA 2K15, the fourth Super Smash Bros. game, and a remastered Borderlands collection) can be found after the break.
Bestselling Games in April 2015
1. Mortal Kombat X (PS4, Xbox One)
2. Grand Theft Auto V (PS4, Xbox One, PC, Xbox 360, PS3)
3. Battlefield Hardline (Xbox One, PS4, Xbox 360, PS3, PC)
4. MLB 15: The Show (PS4, PS3)
5. Minecraft (Xbox 360, PS3, Xbox One, PS4)
6. NBA 2K15 (Xbox One, PS4, Xbox 360, PS3, PC)
7. Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare (Xbox One, PS4, Xbox 360, PS3, PC)
8. Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin (PS4, Xbox One, Xbox 360, PS3)
9. Super Smash Bros. For Wii U / Super Smash Bros. For 3DS (Wii U, 3DS)
10. Borderlands: The Handsome Collection (PS4, Xbox One)