No, that’s not a typo. Welcome to the Weekly Warp-Up, your weekly wrap-up of the biggest and the best articles posted at Warp Zoned this week…
It’s all anybody can talk about, but the E3 Expo begins in literally ten hours. That’s when Bethesda kicks things off with their E3 Press Conference (their first ever). We’ll get our first look at Fallout 4 and Doom 4 and whatever else the company has up their sleeve. It should be a good time.
But we didn’t spend all this week waiting for next week, did we? Sorta… Kinda… But not entirely! There were also the standard set of Pre-E3 announcements, which this week included a huge lineup of new titles from XSEED Games and the promise of an unannounced game from Platinum Games (which turned out to be Transformers: Devastation). Also, Electronic Arts has a very packed E3 2015 presentation that includes more than a dozen games.
We also published the latest edition of Kickstart This!, which focused on the crowdfunding campaigns for Defragmented, Pixel Starships, and Severed World. While you drool over AAA reveals for the next seven days, don’t forget about the little guy.
Looking for more news from the week that was? Of course you are! You can find more news blurbs after the break.
Release Date Updates
- Do you find it hard to keep up with all the latest release dates? So do we. That’s why we regularly publish a digest of newly-announced and newly-changed release dates. The latest Video Game Release Calendar Changelog, featuring Fallout 4, Skylanders SuperChargers, Until Dawn, and many more, is now available for your perusal.
New Game Announcements
- Pro Evolution Soccer 2016 will be released on September 15.
- Deck 13 is working on an Untitled Sci-Fi Action RPG.
- Insomniac will develop and release Edge of Nowhere exclusively for the Oculus Rift.
- Supergiant’s Transistor is now available on the iOS App Store.
- Nordic Games officially announced Darksiders II: Deathinitive Edition and continued to tease a future announcement for Darksiders III.
- Sega will bring Sonic Boom: Fire & Ice to the 3DS this Fall.
- Activision confirmed Call of Duty: Black Ops III will also be released for the PS3 and Xbox 360.
- Capcom will compile the first six Mega Man games in the Mega Man Legacy Collection this Summer.
- Bandai Namco announced the name of the next Tales game: Tales of Berseria.
- Everybody’s Gone to the Rapture will launch on August 11.
- The Ratchet & Clank PS4 remake is actually a game based on a movie based on a game.
- Tales of Zestiria will launch on the PS3, PS4, and PC on October 20.
- Tearaway Unfolded will be released on September 8.
- Bad news Xbox One owners… Capcom said Street Fighter V will never be released for Microsoft’s console.
- The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt was the best-selling game in May 2015.
- Tales From the Borderlands: Catch A Ride will be released on June 23.
- The Oculus Rift will come packaged with an Xbox One controller and an optional Touch controller will also be available.
- The Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Supremacy Pack will be available for the PC, PS3, and PS4 on July 2.
- The official title of the Mirror’s Edge sequel is Mirror’s Edge: Catalyst.
- Toy Soldiers: War Chest will add He-Man, GI Joe, and two other licensed armies when it launches this Summer.
- Microsoft will expand the Xbox One‘s hard drive to 1 TB.
- Wolfenstein: The Old Blood will get a retail release on July 21.
- Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night finished its Kickstarter campaign and made quite an impression: It’s the most-funded video game in Kickstarter history, it’s coming to the Vita, and a standalone prequel will be released.
- Street Figher V – “Battle System”
- Hellblade – “Gameplay Trailer”
- Lego Avengers – “Debut Trailer”
- Devil’s Third – “Developer Walkthrough”
- Batman: Arkham Knight – “Red Hood Story Pack”
- Resident Evil 0 – “Debut Trailer”
Rumor Has It
- There’s a better than even chance that Dark Souls III will be announced during the 2015 E3 Expo.
New Release Round-Up
- Retail Releases: The Elder Scrolls Online, Lego Jurassic World, Operation Abyss: New Tokyo Legacy, more
- Nintendo Download: Lego Jurassic World, Dr. Mario: Miracle Cure, more
- PlayStation Store: The Elder Scrolls Online, Lego Jurassic World, Gradius, more
- Xbox Games Store (Wednesday): The Elder Scrolls Online, Monster Jam Battlegrounds
- Xbox Games Store (Friday): Lego Jurassic World
- Next Weeek’s Retail Releases: Payday 2: Crimewave Edition, more