Activision has announced that three special editions of Call of Duty: Black Ops III will launch alongside the standard package on November 6. The publisher will definitely raise the bar with Black Ops III’s biggest collector’s edition, but let’s start with the smallest first.
The Digital Deluxe Edition ($99.99) will be available exclusively as a digital download for the PC, PS4, and Xbox One. In addition to the main game, prospective purchasers will receive the following bonus items:
- Season Pass: The Call of Duty: Black Ops III Season Pass is your access to four exciting DLC packs.
- “The Giant” Bonus Map: Zombies returns in all of its undead glory with “The Giant,” a Nazi research facility featuring the weapon-upgrading Pack-a-Punch Machine. Relive the chaos of Treyarch’s classic “Der Riese” Zombies map, picking up the Zombies story with Dempsey, Nikolai, Richtofen, and Takeo where Origins left off.
- Weaponized 115 Personalization Pack: The Weaponized 115 Personalization Pack brings the popular Zombies theme to your favorite Multiplayer weapon. Customize your weapons with the fan favorite Origins-inspired camo, reticle, and animated calling card.
- Cyborg Personalization Pack: The fan favorite Cyborg Personalization Pack returns in Call of Duty: Black Ops III, fully-loaded with an electrotech-themed weapon skin, uniquely-shaped reticle, and a calling card.
- Bonus Black Ops III Personalization Pack: Join the battle with the official Black Ops III Personalization Pack. Pack includes a custom weapon camo, reticle, and calling card.
If you prefer a physical game disc, you can upgrade to the Hardened Edition ($79.99) on the PS4 and Xbox One. Available exclusively through GameStop, the Hardened Edition is lacking the Season Pass and the Bonus Black Ops III Personalization Pack, but it includes everything else from the Digital Deluxe Edition along with the following bonus items:
- Limited Edition Specialist Concept Art Cards: Call of Duty: Black Ops III multiplayer introduces the new Specialist character system, allowing players to choose from 9 elite black operations soldiers – each with their own look, personality, and voice. Each Specialist is featured on their own art card that includes exclusive concept art, biography, and a description of their unique weapon and ability.
- Collectible Steelbook Case: Limited edition steel game case featuring an exclusive design.
Finally, the Juggerhog Edition ($199.99) for the PS4 and Xbox One will include everything in the Hardened Edition, the Season Pass, and a working mini-fridge modeled after the ones you find in the game. As I said, Activision is raising the bar. Here’s what else you’ll get in the Juggerhog Edition:
- Juggernog Mini-Fridge: Modeled after the in-game Perk-A-Cola machine. It’s big enough to house up to a dozen 12-ounce cans and features light and audio effects pulled straight from the game.
- Coaster Set and Custom Storage Tin: Emblazoned with the Juggernog Soda, Revive! Soda, Speed Cola Soda, and Double Tap Root Beer emblems used in Call of Duty: Black Ops III Zombies.
- Official Call of Duty: Black Ops III Soundtrack: Upgrade your playlist with a digital copy of the in-game score.
You can take a gander at all three special editions after the break. And remember, everyone who pre-orders Call of Duty: Black Ops III will receive access to the closed beta, which begins August 19 for PS4 players. The PC and Xbox One closed betas will begin at a later date.