The Scientifically Proven Best Video Games of All Time #34: Super Mario Bros. 3
Here's a 14-second teaser trailer for Gun Media's Friday the 13th: The Game
Square Enix will release Kingsglaive: Final Fantasy XV animated film this Fall
Brotherhood Final Fantasy XV is an anime prequel series to the game and the first episode is available now
New Releases: Oculus Rift, MLB The Show 16, Resident Evil 6, More
Weekly Warp-Up: Nintendo Heats Up Our Interest in the Fire Emblem Franchise…
New Retail Releases: Resident Evil 7, Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8, Yakuza Zero, More
Story of Seasons: Trio of Towns will be released on February 28
Strafe will be released for the PC on March 28
Gigantic: Exile in the North update adds winter-themed skins and a goofy yeti named Pakko
Weekly Warp-Up: PAX Prime 2015 Recap Edition
No, that’s not a typo. Welcome to the Weekly Warp-Up, your weekly wrap-up of the biggest and the best articles posted at Warp Zoned this week…
Everybody is losing their minds! The annual PAX Prime expo is chugging right along this weekend in Seattle, but the rest of the world seems to have gone nuts. Case in point, EA’s absolutely baffling launch trailer for Madden NFL 16 that features Dave Franco, Christopher Mintz-Plasse, and a half-dozen football players hamming it up. Rob Gronkowski only has half a shirt! Julio Jones has a mohawk! And Colin Kaepernick thinks he’s Al Pacino. Hoo-Ah, boys and girls!
However, the Madden madness has to be topped by the dedication of several Super Mario Maker players. The unreleased game is currently in the hands of the media, and they’re creating some absolutely out there levels, as evidenced by this video created by Polygon. I can’t wait to try them all and Super Mario Maker’s September 11 release date is coming up fast.
Thankfully, your average Warp Zoned staff member is able to keep a cool head as the world explodes around them. That includes an opinion piece that argues for The Importance of the Double Fine Adventure Documentary and the Third Anniversary Celebration of Kickstart This! Even our look at Mega Man Legacy Collection ponders the the place for nostalgia in a review of a classic game.
More news from the week that was (a lot of it even is connected to PAX Prime) can be found after the break.
New Game Announcements
- Turok: Dinosaur Hunter and Turok 2: Seeds of Evil will be re-released for modern PCs.
- Cliff Bleszinski’s “Project BlueStreak” was officially unveiled as LawBreakers.
- The PS3/Xbox 360 version of Mortal Kombat X was officially canceled.
- A film adaptation of Borderlands is officially on the way.
- Shovel Knight is getting an Amiibo figure!
- Capcom added Rainbow Mika to Street Fighter V.
- Release dates for Star Fox Zero, Devil’s Third, Fatal Frame: Maiden of Black Water, and more were announced by Nintendo.
- Yacht Club Games promised that Shovel Knight: Plague of Shadows is coming very soon.
- Hyper Light Drifter will officially be released in Spring 2016.
- More songs, and a standalone version of the game, were announced for Rock Band 4.
- Nintendo will reissue several rare Amiibo figures this Fall.
New Release Round-Up
- Retail Releases: Madden NFL 16, Disney Infinity Star Wars, Until Dawn, more
- Nintendo Download: Disney Infinity: Star Wars, Runbow, Sin & Punishment, more
- PlayStation Store: Madden NFL 16, Until Dawn, Mega Man Legacy Collection, more
- Xbox Games Store (Wednesday): Madden NFL 16, Gears of War: Ultimate Edition, Mega Man Legacy Collection, more
- Xbox Games Store (Friday): Magnetic: Cage Closed, Blues and Bullets, Nova-111, Whispering Willows
- Next Week’s Retail Releases: Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, Mad Max, more