No, that’s not a typo. Welcome to the Weekly Warp-Up, your weekly wrap-up of the biggest and the best articles posted at Warp Zoned this week…
It’s Tokyo Game Show time and a number of big announcements were made in Japan this past week.
- Square Enix continues to remake the world with plans to bring Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance to the PS4 as Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8: Final Chapter Prologue.
- Capcom will release Umbrella Corps, a team-based shooter set in the Resident Evil universe, in early 2016.
- Sony announced that the Bloodborne: The Old Hunters expansion will be released on November 24.
- And Atlus confirmed that Persona 5 won’t be released in 2015 as originally planned.
However, the biggest news this week happened in the most American of places. Walmart revealed that they will offer a store-exclusive Deluxe Edition of Star Wars: Battlefront that comes packaged with a mini fridge depicting Han Solo frozen in Carbonite. My says mind says, “Thank the maker,” while my wallet complains, “I’m going to be empty again, aren’t I?”
Finally this week, Andrew Rainnie interviews Director Neal Laurenza of Skymap Games about his upcoming platformer, Bacon Man.
More news from the week that was can be found after the break.
New Game Announcements
- Downton Abbey: Mysteries of the Manor, a hidden object game, is now available for mobile devices.
- Nintendo delayed Star Fox Zero as the game’s release date took off for 2016.
- Bandai Namco narrowed Dark Souls III‘s release window down to “April 2016.”
- Sonic Boom: Fire & Ice will now be released in 2016.
- Telltale will release the first episode of Minecraft: Story Mode on October 13.
- The Lego Jurassic World voice cast is packed with a huge amount of amazing actors.
- The final batch of tracks from Rock Band 4 were revealed by Harmonix.
- Blizzard will release StarCraft II: Legacy of the Void on November 10.
- Capcom added fan-favorite Karin to Street Fighter V. Earlier in the week, the publisher also added Rashid, an original character, to the game.
New Release Round-Up
- Retail Releases: Destiny: The Taken King, Forza Motorsport 6, Skylanders SuperChargers, more
- Nintendo Download: Year Walk, Skylanders SuperChargers, Senran Kagura 2: Deep Crimson, more
- PlayStation Store: Destiny: The Taken King, NHL 16, Pro Evolution Soccer 2016, more
- Xbox Games Store (Wednesday): Forza Motorsport 6, Destiny: The Taken King, NHL 16, more
- Xbox Games Store (Friday): Plague Inc: Evolved, Inside My Radio, The Book of Unwritten Tales 2, more
- Next Week’s Retail Releases: Lego Dimensions, FIFA 16, NBA 2K16, more